Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Orange Sunshine - CadillacPat Style with Far Out Flames"

It's Sunday afternoon and you pull your Nova up on the side of the Levee to listen to the Allman Brothers.
Last week it was Eric Burdon and the Animals, all free concerts.
The musky smell of Patchouli Oil and other aromatic fragrances is everywhere.
Long hair, jeans, and lots of hiphuggers and halter tops.
Later on that evening you wander downtown to the WareHouse to hear Osibisa and Joe Cocker for $2.
Far Out Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't get enough of these little '66 Novas.

A fairly clean casting after it's stripped.
Just the usual filing and sanding out of the window openings and wheel wells along with sanding down some slight casting scars and then she's rubbed down with #3 Steel Wool.

Primered and then the roof is shot a light coat of Shimrin White and then Tangelo Pearl.
The Roof is InterCoat Cleared, taped and then the body is shot Shimrin White.

Decals are applied,
Front and Rear Windshields and Taillights get detailed.

Deep Dish Cragar Mags have their open end axles covered up with 3mm Center Caps for a nicer finished look.

ClearCoated with House Of Kolor Urethane Enamel Clear and a dash of Brilliant Gold Pearl Powder.

All Products Used Are Exclusively House Of Kolor, Of Course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clear InkJet Decal paper from Papilio.com

Rivet Reassembly for a permanent factory appearance.

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's a sharp looking, classy custom. You are truly amazing.
I built 1/24 car models for a living for 10 years straight. And looking at your work with all these Hot Wheels really makes me smile. They all look terrific. You know what you're doing, for sure. Kudos!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another good looking set of flames there Pat. I like the symmetry. Excellent.

Thanks Ron,
Even though the flames are psychedelic or even abstract there has to be a certain order to things.
The traditional style or shape keeps things in order.

The smooth perfect edges and shapes of Decals coupled with the ability to place absolutely any image inside them are why I prefer Decals over any kind of sticky messy mask.

Sinister looking Bowtie product ya got Pat. Nice work.

Thanks CraftyMore,
Good to see you,

That's a sharp looking, classy custom. You are truly amazing.
I built 1/24 car models for a living for 10 years straight. And looking at your work with all these Hot Wheels really makes me smile. They all look terrific. You know what you're doing, for sure. Kudos!

Thanks GluePuttyPaint,
I can tell you are aware of the many, many, many steps and sub-steps undertaken to transform these little cars into a piece of Art.
Glad you like it,
I also do a couple of large scale models or Diecast each year.
People at Car Shows request a copy of their show car or the car they drove in High School.

Thanks Everyone,

Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
898 Posts
that just has a nice clean look to it. i love all the customs you do and you take excellent pics. i'd like to see a couple pics of your parts bins. i can't imagine how much room it must take up.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hard to imagine that these are decals!! they look so good!!
Thanks Austin,
That's the whole point of Decals,
Creating them is one thing, but proper application and placement can make them appear to be painted on, or better yet, to lie within the same plane of the paint like a projected image.

Considering the time it takes to create a good image, it might just as well be painted on.
Smooth perfect edges, consistent shapes and unlimited amounts of color within the image raise good Decals to a level of their own.

that just has a nice clean look to it. i love all the customs you do and you take excellent pics. i'd like to see a couple pics of your parts bins. i can't imagine how much room it must take up.

Hey DC, Thanks Man,
My Parts Bin has grown into a Parts Room,
Stacks of boxes labeled, Real Riders, Deep Dish Cragars, Muscle Machine parts, etc. etc.
It's all the small tools and accessories that I use for creating Customs that really takes up the room.

Ok Now that is my favorite 66 Nova that U have done. Bravo!!

Thanks SSChevyMan,
This is my favorite Nova so far also,
There's something about Orange and Green that looks good in Flames.

Thanks Everyone,
These are just the tip of the Iceberg,
Lots more coming soon as I take pics,

Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts