Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good quilty diecast or model of Optimus Prime? Not some cheesy plastic junk. Thanks for any help :)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
He's in my backyard stepping on my mothers flowers , breaking the water fountain , looking in my upstairs window waiting for a pair of glasses to be handed to him..... Come get him before he tears down the house.

·
Registered
388 Posts
What scale are you looking for? Hasbro did a 1/64th line and they did do some of them in die-cast that were quite nice. The first run were the cheesy plastic you mentioned, the second line was done in die-cast.

·
Banned
565 Posts
I know Ollies had Transformer stuff but I believe it was the crappy plastic ones. Check your Big Lots, Tuesday Mornings, Ollies (if you have one), Marshall's, TJMax, Five Below, etc. You might get lucky in one of those places.

If I happen to find one in my travels, I will gladly pick one up for you....

Good Luck, Happy Hunting...

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
I think the best quality you're going to find in 1:64 scale are the ones done by Hasbro................but they are as much plastic as diecast. They did however get the detail and scale correct.

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
What you are looking for is the HASBRO Titanium Optimus. It was released in 2007 and was part of the TITANIUM series. I have it, and when I opened it, was surprised it was all Die cast and ruber tires great detail.

http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/Transformers-Titanium-Optimus-Prime-Protoform-Truck-lot-/350240461621

Here is an eby link to what I am talking about
Oh yes, I forgot about that one. mr0072003 is definitely right with that one, it is a beautiful piece.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts