Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think the chassis should be made a little longer to fit this bed a little better, or should I cut the bed down a little more to fit the existing chassis? The Ford is one of the longest vehicles I have, for comparison's sake.

be kind, this is a first for me!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
welcome to HT :wave: if it were mine I'd cut the bed down, won't be many cars longer than your ford. did you make the bed?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yea the more I look at it, I think it needs cut down a little, also. Thank you for the confirmation!

I made the bed out of the bottom of a (larger scale Ertl) tractor trailer van body I got with a bunch of junk at a flea market a couple weeks ago. Seems to fit rather nicely on the JADA truck, and fits the smaller cars as well.

Next plan is to make the actual sliders and hinge for the deck, then enclose the sides under the deck down to the chassis. Still trying to decide on a paint job and how to do it. I have nothing in the way of supplies for any of this...all my stuff is for my 1:1 truck!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I trimmed the deck a little and I think it will out a little better this way.
I will be using this truck to haul the race Jeeps around to different events around the area, so making it to fit them just makes sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts