Hobbyist Forums banner

Opening Spring 2010 - The Stables RC Off-Road Facility

4K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  ehartman_49348 
#1 ·
We are currently working on building a brand new RC Off-Road Facility in West Michigan. We are working with several local racers to build a track that everybody will enjoy! Additional details will follow in the months to come. The track will open early Spring 2010.

We will host several races in 2010, including a race for the Virus Racing Nitro League 2010. The track will support personal transponders and will utilize the RC Scoring Pro software, which will allow us to broadcast races through liverc.com! The parking will be in a nice grass area. The drivers stand will be about 32' long, 10' high on the back side of a old red farm barn. Elite pitting will be available on the first level of the barn in old horse stables.

#3 ·
Someone's been watching Revo slowly release info, guess we'll have to get a mob of racer's with pitchforks going town to town until we find you. Just don't make us clean the barn. LOL. Can't wait.... unless your 2 hours away then I can. Going to be a long winter.

scott

#4 ·
I have heard some rumors about this place over the last couple of weeks.... I heard it's gonna be big and awesome! And I believe it will only be about 25 minutes from downtown GR!

#16 ·
well who's your daddy. Now about those prime stable stalls, is there a yearly rent on one or something, should include stable service to. I'll take 2 chocolate milks and a donut please. All I need is a table, light, beanbag and a mini fridge and I'm good. LOL
I have a hunch this will be an impressive place to race, kinda like bringing stateline north I hope. I better have some money for next year otherwise I'll have to share a stall with BP. he he

#21 ·
The Stables being an outdoor track in Michigan, I doubt that we will be running this winter.... The goal is to get as much done before the snow starts flying.

The goal is to have up to 6 races next year. No club racing, only series events and possibly one large event to bring in a LOT of people. :thumbsup:

#26 ·
Keep track of the progress made to the facility on facebook by searching for The Stables Raceway and become a fan!

#28 ·
So many questions, so few answers.....

The surface varies from hard topsoil to packed down dirt/sand. I might add a cement section, like The Farm II has/had. For tires, I would think I-Beams would work great, but time will tell.

No schedule has been defined yet at this point, but there would probably a handful of 'club' races and probably plenty of practice oppertunities.

The track is being build right now and the driver's stand and pitlane still need to be build as well, so still a lot of work to do before it officially opens. I would think by the end of April....

#30 ·
Part of the track area is still drying, as the ground water level is fairly high. This is positive and negative: the soil stays moist most of the summer, but it takes a little while to dry up in Spring. The nice weather coming up will help to make significant progress on the track build!

Some of the features have been roughed in, like a nice on-off section, 5' tall elevated turn, sections with different line options... Just come out and check it out!

There will be a part of the track that will be designed for 1/8th scale only, with a lot of rythm to it. The 1/10th scale layout will by-pass this section. The whole track will be fun for both 1/8th scale and 1/10th scale!

The driver's stand will be very unique and covered and handicap accessible. We hope to get started on this soon!

#32 ·
Work on the drivers stand this weekend and got that mostly done. Still have to put in stairs from the pit lane to the stand, that planned for later this week. Going to start on putting down tubing today and tomorrow.

Check out the Facebook page 'The Stables Raceway', become a fan and check out the pictures!

#33 ·
Grand Opening Race May 15th 2010
All electric classes (1/10th scale & 1/8th scale)
1/8th Scale Nitro Buggy & 1/8th Scale Nitro Truggy
5 entries makes a class
$10 entry fee per class

Practice starts at 9:00 AM
Racing starts at 11:00 AM

Please provide your own power
Personal transponder required

Fruitport, MI 49415

#34 ·
Drivers stand is almost done. The stairs were put in yesterday (Thanks Jason and Jordan!). In the process of putting up railings to make everything safe! Next is the pitlane!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.