Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys found 3 opened Mystery Car Packages at wally today .. The cars were still inside, but the package was ripped open on the side.
Got a vette, and 2 weirder surf looking cars. I just looked in them though and they are stil 3/4 closed. Should I glue them back together or just rip them open. I have found 2 other mysteries so far and kept the closed.. Don't know what to do in this situation though..

Rip them open or Crazy Glue + Blow Dry ..

-Soul

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Rip them open .

·
Registered
538 Posts
jage1966 said:
I've seen the same thing. I found a Mystery car, only to discover someone poked a hole in the side to see what car was inside. Personally, I think the whole Mystery car thing is a bad idea.

- JJ
www.hollywood-diecast.com

I think maybe they could have done it diffrently. Maybe like putting the car in a little package that you have to disolve in water to reveal what car it is. :p

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
746 Posts
jage1966 said:
I've seen the same thing. I found a Mystery car, only to discover someone poked a hole in the side to see what car was inside. Personally, I think the whole Mystery car thing is a bad idea.

- JJ
www.hollywood-diecast.com
You can say that again.I think it is a stupid idea. :rolleyes:
See that all the time where people crack the plister etc. :rolleyes:
---------------
Diecastlive.com

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
While the mystery car theme might not be desirable to some collectors, others have no problem with not knowing what cars they have, until the code is publicized later, if it is. I said it before though, for stocking stuffers, they were great, they're already wrapped!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
i see them opened everywhere i go. i agree, stupid idea by hot wheels. needs to posted on HWC.com, but you'd probably get banned!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I opened the double, and just re-sealed the other 2 .. crazy glue + squeeze lol .. it looks pretty clean too will get picks..

-Soul

·
Registered
349 Posts
If they put them in one of those plasitic packs that you need a knife to open and can't do it without evidence and randomly put in some really rare COOL cars in the mix it would have been an awsome promo. Basically like playing pull tabs. But no, they had to cheap out and use cheap packaging and cheap cars.

·
Registered
196 Posts
At Target

I was fortunate to find four Mystery cars at Target. All of them were different cars; Corvette, the Orange Turd (lol! Power Rage), some silver car which I am still uncertain about, and the four wheel off-road vehicle. I was surprised to see that the silver sports car and the O.T. were in plastic bags. Is this common or something to keep some cars from bouncing around inside of the casing? :confused:

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Cottonmouth said:
I was surprised to see that the silver sports car and the O.T. were in plastic bags. Is this common or something to keep some cars from bouncing around inside of the casing? :confused:
I think that was the intent with the plastic bags. The silver car is the Side Draft, by the way. :wave:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I think maybe they could have done it diffrently. Maybe like putting the car in a little package that you have to disolve in water to reveal what car it is. :p

:thumbsup:
That has been done! They were called "Junk Yard Fizzlers!"

·
Registered
224 Posts
I saw a bugatti in an opened mystery card today. I thought it was a nice car, but since I don't open my cars, I see little point to buying something that I will never know what is inside.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts