Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here wondering why I haven't seen any new FR's hanging on the pegs, since I've had the first five for a while now. So I'm looking them over, and DUH!, the cards clearly say 1 of 5, 2 of 5, etc. So now I know there is only 5 this year.
Does anyone know why there's only five, especially after having been 12 last year?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Its simple...

I don't know.

but i do know that i have all 4 our ot 5! Just need that pesky 5/5 :)

Anyways, I assume they decided not to retire as many this year.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Probaly because in the previous years they were a TRU exclusive...became peg hangers...TRU bowed out.This was when they were in the large packages and then Wally World gave it a go.Another loser with them also.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Mecal, I've got two sets. I going away until Sunday night, so if you don't come across one by then, email your address & I'll get it out to you.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I thought that they decided to go with 5 this year is because they couldn't decide which other models to toss and bring back in a few years. Like the Auburn was FR'd in 1996 and again in 99 and again last year. I guess its difficult to figure out which ones to get rid of after all this time.
I like this series along with the Roll Patrol series so I will see what happens.
FE's got way out of hand so I have stopped trying to collect that series.
Its back to being picky about the FE's.
Don't know for sure. :)
Richard

·
Registered
659 Posts
Dadvball said:
Hey Mecal, I've got two sets. I going away until Sunday night, so if you don't come across one by then, email your address & I'll get it out to you.

awsome, i just need #5.

but ill probly go somewhere this weekend - but if i dont find it. thx much :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
#5 is the sonic special, right?? i have seen like 5 or 6 of each around here. they are peg warmers here now. i could have made another set in one target today. they had all five. i dont know why they did it, maybe to make it equal with the other 5 car series that they have. it sure makes it easier to get, but it also seems like they released all 5 at once, making them really easy to get. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts