Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject: OT online Star terk series Star Trek: Starship Exeter

This may be of interest to some of you.

There is a star trek online series that could be/is considered a sequel to the original ST. Star trek: Starship Exeter.

You can only see it on line for now.

They have 3 episodes made so far with more to come. Very cool stuff so far. It looks & feels like the series from the 60s as everything about it is made to look like it was made back then.

They made all the sets & props to look like the style of the sets & props used in the 60s.

This a real Star Trek series. Very well made considering what it is.

I would recomend that those who are interested in this check it out & tell others who might like it to. If this goes over well it could end up on DVD.

Starship Exeter can be found at the following link

http://www.starshipexeter.com or just go to starshipexter.com

Start off with the pilot

Also. Book mark the website for easy getting to so you don't forget where to go when new episodes come out. You may want to see more. I'm checking it out & It's impressive.

The site works best with broadband as dialup users will find it takes to long for the files to download to your media player, I know it's a bummer but that's dialup for you.

I hope some of you enjoy it & please say what you think of it after you see it.

They should try this with LIS to please all the fans who want more of what LIS was in the 60s. You'll see what I mean when you see it.

I'm off to see act 2 of the pilot episode.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'll watch at lunch. A quicky look and....FANTASTIC.....makes me want to build an Exeter!!!!!!!

·
Starship Class
11,858 Posts
Great stuff that has been out a while. I think you can already get the first episode on DVD.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Very much like the ORIGINAL. I enjoyed it very much. Action.....humour......The only thing I didn't like was the Chick in the Chair. Now before anyone starts on the politically correct....I didn't mind having a female 2nd in command. What I didn't like was that she was letting the Exeter take a pounding without firing back.

They could have had a scene with her saying fire phasers and we just here the sound...but NADA....why not invite the Klingons to dinner.....hey..great idea for a movie!!!!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,234 Posts
Exeter is fantasic.

Even more prolific is "the Hidden Frontier" TNG-era series, now in its fifth season.
Go to www.hiddenfrontier.net and watch a LOT of episodes!

Rather BAD on line Trek is "The New Voyages."

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Been there done that. I am really into the Fan Films of Star Trek.

Check out www.newvoyages.com and see the Enterprise move like no ship has moved before.

Don't forget that Thomas is working on Starship Exeter. :thumbsup:
I already am working on a small model of the Exeter. Also working on a model that was seen in the first episode of New Voyages.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
capt Locknar said:
I think her body language is fantastic, and so is the body itself.
Can't really argue with that, especially with the way those TOS uniforms show off legs ...

By the way, I'm pretty sure there's only 1 episode so far with the second about to be released, and the third on hold in the "pre-production" stage, rather than three finished like Dr. Pretorious said in the initial post.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
^ I certainly don't. It's kinda the point of the bbs. :)

(after checking it out)
Nice! Is that lighting I see in the nacelle fronts? Is it a chaser circuit?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I Enjoyed the Exeter, but for some reason I liked the "5 year Mission" or NEW Voyages episodes better. The use of the Franz Joseph ships and "Campy" acting really make it feel like the Star Trek of old... :wave:

You have to admit "Kirks" hairdo is killer!! Reminds me of that certain Millionaire...Your FIRED! (or at least your hairdo should be!) :jest:

BDS

P.S. I know Thomas is doing the modeling for Exeter, but New Voyages has gotten Eugene Roddenberry Jr. as the Consulting Proucer!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Actually, it's not lighted at all. Those are the clear red replacement parts from VA Miniatures. They look great when light shines through.
A great kit, I hope to build more. Can't wait for the next Starship Exeter episode this December!

BTW, I loaned them that Phaser you see on the site!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Actually Stowe, Eugene offered consulting services to Exeter very early this year.

I just screened the rough drafts of The Tressaurian Intersection.

OMG!! This thing kicks ass even lacking pick up shots, SPFX, sound, music, trimming, editing, and dialog looping!

Fasten your seatbelts!

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Starship Exeter has put out one episode so far.Episode 2 comes out in December.For a donation to them you can get a DVD on the making of the first one, and you will get your name in the credits. Look for my name come December.

Star Trek New Voyages came out with the new episode this month. The FX will blow your mind. If you have signed up at EZ Board,New Voyages has their Forum over there. If you go check out thread on DVD, they got some nice DVD covers if you make your own.

Lloyd :wave:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts