Hobbyist Forums banner

One of these four set itself free....

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  RLCarlos 
#1 ·
New to me,the hunt set itself free,it didn't like being cooped up...

See less See more
#2 ·
I thank the guys that post close ups of some of these regular TH's..

.. man, are these things getting bad. Don't know if it is WHY they are getting rid of regular TH's, or BECAUSE they are getting rid of them...

but at least the last 2, like this and the Shelby...and more in the past... just look like barely passable as peg-warmer mainlines

#3 ·
Yes, it is leaving me as a fairly new collector fairly confused. I thought the whole idea behind a TH was that it encompassed just a few mainline cars that were upgraded to rubber tires and better wheels. These look like they have none of that. I look at them and ask myself as a new collector trying to figure things out - What makes this a TH? And I am not seeing the answer, I'm afraid.

#5 ·
Regular TH aren't that much different from mainline "regular" cars. They just have TH or Treasure Hunt written on them somewhere. $uper Treasure Hunts have full metal bodies and chassis with different wheels and Real Rider tires and the Spectraflame paint.

#7 ·
I agree that some of the regular Treasure Hunts leave a bit to be desired, but don't forget that for a few years in the late 1990's Treasure Hunts did not have rubber tires either, they had normal wheels.
I guess that is why next year they will be doing away with the green stripe on the card and even the regulars are going to be hidden as well.

#8 ·
Well, I see where there's a whole flap about them on the "Opinion" page. I'll let it remain contained there. The only thing I will say is I only buy a model because I like it. If it happens to be a TH, so be it. If not, no skin off my nose. There are a couple of exceptions. I want to get the red 70 Camaro TH because I much prefer the shade of red they used on it, plus the better wheels and tires. The same is also true for the 66 Fairlane when it comes to the wheels and tires. There is one other TH I would like to get due to my preference for it but I'll be darned if I can remember now what it was. Ain't age great?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.