Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found at TRU today..After March TRU Will Not be getting anymore JL products!!! RIP JL

[/IMG]

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
More likely RIP TRU. The nearest one is 50 miles from me now. Was never overly impressed with TRU.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I personally don`t think they would go through all of the processes to launch a complete new line of JL`s just to quit making them 2-3 months later.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
montegogt said:
More likely RIP TRU. The nearest one is 50 miles from me now. Was never overly impressed with TRU.
Indeed...I have a TRU 1/2 mile from home and I rarely buy anything there simply because they never have anything. The only thing I go to TRU for anymore is Ferrari Legos

·
Registered
971 Posts
In about a year no one will be carrying JL's unless someone buys them back from RC2. There having problems and bellying up on that line of diecast!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
huh? Never heard this till now, where'd you hear this at?
Sounds like another rumor.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
WLRay said:
Found at TRU today..After March TRU Will Not be getting anymore JL products!!! RIP JL
Are you saying that TRU will be getting no more product because they don't want to carry it after March or because JL is not going to exist after March. Please explain :freak: Lots of bad rumors going on around here lately.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Another one of these posts that never gets an answer from the person that started it.I hate when that happens.
If you know something or have something to say then say it!.
Off the wall comments followed by silence,just someone that knows nothing trying to start something. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I heard it from a few friends of mine that work there.At two different TRU.Two managers and three stock people.Nothing coming in after March.Take that any way you want that is all I heard.Ask you guys should know somebody at your local TRU.

·
0 Posts
The two TRUs here haven't carried JLs in years. One's closing to be a BabiesRU so it looks kinda like the toy store is on the ropes itself.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
glhshelby said:
I personally don`t think they would go through all of the processes to launch a complete new line of JL`s just to quit making them 2-3 months later.
Trav, a few years back, we had a perfectly fine Sears HomeLife furniture store nearby. Out of nowhere, they built a beautiful (read: expensive!) new store a mile down the street, and moved it there.

The new store was open a mere few months before the whole chain went belly up. The powers that be surely had to know how bleak things were when they agreed to build that new store, so no, sometimes companies DO do things that make no sense at all.

Not suggesting that RC2 or TRU are one of those companies, but hey, this was a Sears division we're talking about.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
WLRay said:
I'm just wondering how many times have TRU employees been right about JLs (or anything else) in the past?

(I'm not besmirching the integrity of the employees - just the quality of their internal corporate communications/rumormill.)

I don't even discuss diecasts with employees of any store anymore, because virtually everything they have told me in the past has been completely wrong!

I've been buying 90% of my JLs from OLDs for the past year or more, so if TRU drops them, big deal. I never liked TRU that much anyway.

(Although last year's 10-packs were neat - I will miss those if what you say is true.)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Lots of New JL Coming for 2007

WLRay said:
"...After March TRU Will Not be getting anymore JL products!!!..."
All,

I can only guess---that if what the store clerks said is true---their specific TRU will no longer carry JL cars. (Although I highly doubt this.)

For TRU in general, I'm working on some exciting new projects specifically for them. These items are scheduled to come out several months after March, and continue through the year.

Mac :p

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Thanks for the chime in, Mac!!!

I was thinking...maybe that TRU wont be putting JLs on the pegs anymore, maybe they will just sell to employees only so they can go put them straight on ebay...you know, to make it easier on them so they dont have to hide everything in the back room.

Sorry to be grumpy, but I was at TRU this morning, havent stocked since the bicentenial it seems, and low-and-behold, an employee (off the clock) walks into the back, walks back out with a armfull of diecasts goes through the checkout with a bunch of new JL's and MB's. And duplicates, more than 1 person needs of each casting.

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
Pretty much what I expected. Thank goodness otherwise I would have to count on KB to find JLs.
As always we appreciate the info Mac.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts