Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my 1/72 scale Revell Fw 190A-8. This model was built O.O.B. (except for the rear canopy that came from an Italeri D-9 kit) and was painted with Model Master enamels, markings are from Kagero and my spares box. This is the second aircraft model I painted with my Iwata HP-B Plus airbrush and am getting a little better at using it.

Agentsmith

·
Oxidation Genius
31,283 Posts
Bautiful! I have a Ta-152 in the works, but I'm having a terrible time getting control of my Aztec airbrush to do the mottling. Spurt, blob, splat, clog...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for looking Sean and John!

John,
Early next year Eagle Editions will publish an all new book on the Ta 152 and you might want to hold off on painting your Ta 152 until then.
If the Ta 152 book is only half as good as the new second volume of the Dora book it will be worth waiting for. If you already have the new Dora book then you know what I mean.

Agentsmith

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Your workmanship never ceases to amaze me, especially with such a tiny scale to work with, AgentSmith!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Seaview and Kirk!

Seaview,
1/72 scale is fun but I really like the bigger scales, my eyes are not nearly as good as they were a few years ago.

Kirk,
The Fw 190 is also a favorite of mine, I will be building 6 more of these things.

Agentsmith

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Six more? Wow! That will be quite a display. Will they be in the same scale? I keep meaning to pick up one of the Tamiya 1/48 kits - One of these days!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again guys! Much appreciated.

Kirk,
I will be building them in three scales, 1/72, 1/48, and 1/32.

For over a year I have been slowly adding Fw 190s to my stash of kits and now that the new Eagle Editions Dora book is out I can start building the things. That new Dora book is great inspiration for building models.

Agentsmith

·
Oxidation Genius
31,283 Posts
Speaking of poor eyesight, I had to put on reading glasses AND a magnifying visor last light to paint a tiny part. OY!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks KUROCK!

John,
I have to use reading glasses for doing almost any phase of building models. For detail painting and cleaning my Iwata airbrushes I use 3 X power reading glasses.

Agentsmith

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks wimpy!

Glad you like the B & W pics, I have fun tinkering with my model pics trying to get them to look like the photographs in my reference books and I have plans to make them even look more convincing in the future. Just wait until next year!

Agentsmith

1 - 19 of 19 Posts