Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

As you might know, I am getting back into collecting. This time I want to start incorporating a bigger focus on vintage pieces than I did last time around. I've had this piece since I started officially collecting and kept this one, with about 10 of my other favorites, when I sold off my collection as it stood three years ago. I am starting again fresh, and this is probably my favorite vintage piece that I currently own. Its nothing extremely rare, its just plain cool. Its a 1979 Matchbox #28 Lincoln Continental in impeccable shape. It looks like it just came out of the box, its a shame the box wasn't present when I bought it. Please take a look and enjoy.

-Matt

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
That is a very nice one, I always appreciate vintage Matchbox. Yes, you are right, you can get older than this, but it means something to you and I remember them from my childhood as well. This one would look good next to the white Lincoln Town Car I remember...probably seven or eight years younger than the one you're showing.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/[email protected]/1584875719/

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a very nice one, I always appreciate vintage Matchbox. Yes, you are right, you can get older than this, but it means something to you and I remember them from my childhood as well. This one would look good next to the white Lincoln Town Car I remember...probably seven or eight years younger than the one you're showing.

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/[email protected]/1584875719/
I've never seen that model, do you own it?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My brother owned it when we were kids and when I left Germany, I didn't take any of the old cars with me so they're in a box at my mom's place. I'd have to travel 36 hours so I can't get to it at the moment, but I found somebody else's picture online.
Oh okay. Well thank you very much for sharing, I'm definitely gonna be looking to acquire one of those.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's the one. Some came on cards, some with a little box, some in a window box...but the car is the one you want. Don't let the "hard to find color" fool you. I've seen the white one more often than the dark red version.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts