Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy pulled something from the dumpster at work and gave it to me. Its a display case and a new project for the weekend, raining anyway. Its a black wooden wall mount. 35" wide x 42" tall and 5 3/4" deep with "for now" three 2 1/2" shelves. A plexiglass door with 2 locks. I'm charging the batteries on the screw guns now. I have plenty of 3 1/2" wood for shelves. I'm thinking six 13" lights. some corner trim for paneling to seal the door to. Its dirty but not scratched. Replace the locks, it didnt come with keys. I wish I could take pictures! I'm not very handy at this type of thing but if it goes bad I'm not out much. Black would look good mounted behind my black pellet stove (only place left with wall space, after I move some cars out of the way of course). But I'm thinking white would show the cars better. Anyway, maybe $30 at the hardware store and a major mess in the house and we'll see what happens!
Wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pellet stove is zero clearence. The cat sleeps on it while its burning. The pellet hopper is on top of the fire. I recommend these to everyone for alternative heat!
Anyway, nothing free is easy. My shelves come from old crate boxes. taking out the staples now.
At worst it will wind up on the burn pile. But at best... who knows?

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
all kidding aside. please post pics when done. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Well, all righty then...

bob8748 said:
Pellet stove is zero clearence. The cat sleeps on it while its burning. The pellet hopper is on top of the fire. I recommend these to everyone for alternative heat!
Anyway, nothing free is easy. My shelves come from old crate boxes. taking out the staples now.
At worst it will wind up on the burn pile. But at best... who knows?
That sounds great!
And yes, pictures would be great...
Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts