Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 281 Posts

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
RL, Glad you found some Tyco Terrors!!! I doubt the pumpkin Willys will be out on loan, maybe a pumkin Nomad pie for Thanksgiving, lol. Just hire some help and get that shop going, we need pics!!! Let's see them trucks!!! RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
RL, You may have to change your shop name to "TOWMASTERS". Looking good, nice detail work on the fog lights. I likes the flatbed also!!! Glad to see you've hired some help. I see Ol' Yeller just doesn't seem to get to excited. ...RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
That's a good looking Heavy Hauler RL!!! Did I see that truck in an episode of "Wrecked", on the Speed Channel ??? If not it should be in one!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ...RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
p.s.

"Also, the shop has been hit by temperatures in the 70's & the yard work of cleaning up the neighbours' leaves in our yard has taken priority. Never thought I would be glad for rain in the next few days."

Same here RL, we got leaves a falling too!!! Time to get the boys outside!!! They don't like raking leaves and yard work at all!!! RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
Those are some nice trucks!!! Cool body work on the Z, like the quaterpanels. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Give them boys a raise!!! I'm going to the Dollar Store... RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
My boys sure would like some icecream!!! Please send the G. & H. Bros. by the shop after your guys get full. You're making me hungry also!!! "Cool" setup RL, nice conversion save on the pick up...RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
I likes that orange small block :thumbsup::thumbsup: Nice hood opening and top removal. What's the interior from, inquiring minds want to know??? Looks like the guys have been busy!!! RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
Scott, The Off Road CJ only had enough room for this small engine (to small for a HEMI) to keep the hood in original position and hide the fact that the hood opened. On the four wheel driver version, once your add the gearing for the front drive you have no room. Another two wheel version with large scoop on top of a lift off hood could hide a Hemi!

Randy, to answer your interior question completely. Once the roof was removed on the off roader CJ, the rear cargo area was scratch built by boxing the perimeter of the area then using scribed evergreen sheeting as flooring. The seats were attached to the framing. The roll bar was next to give the body support. A jeweller's saw was carefully manipulated to open the hood. ..RM
RL, :confused: who wrote that last paragraph, me or you??? RL or RM :p:p Glad I could answer my question, Thanks!!!...RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
We call em Oldsmobile's down south RL. :p:p Looks good with those aluminums hanging on :thumbsup::thumbsup: I got a black one some wheres with AFX wheels on it, plenty of room. I'm like Bob...he knows what he likes...zilla on this one, you done some goood work on that Bronco :thumbsup::thumbsup: , not to mention the chassis work on both!!! RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
Christmas Vacation

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation all over again!!! One of the best Christmas movies ever!!! The Christmas tree is great!!! That's too funny :thumbsup::thumbsup: RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
Man I likes that Chev-Vette, cool concept car!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: That thing looks bad just sitting there. Now how'd he do that??? Matchbox windshield, with the visors and vent windows, looks good too. Great work RL...RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
CC's

Nice little red rider RL :thumbsup::thumbsup: I don't believe I'd take her out in the snow either. Would be a shame to crunch a fender. Hey I've been noticing your "One Guy Garage" seems to be growing. Glad business is holding up for you. You may need to change the name to Canadian Customs or... or...or... Anyways, Happy Holidays to you too!!! RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
RL, Please tell me that was not an original that you used the TX Rich, "cut & grind" technique on!!! Good looking ragtop though!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
Looking good RL, for a 1.00 grab bag, how can you loose??? It'd be worth that just to have the pieces in a slavage yard, but to put her back together, and run it, Oh man :thumbsup::thumbsup: Nice save for a 200.00 plus car...RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news RL!!! Hope the other half gets well soon!!! I thought maybe you had gotten snowed under, couldn't get in or out of the shop. Glad to hear it's only temporarily closed...RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
WooHoo!!!

Glad to see the shop back open RL!!! Hope all the guys and gals made a good recovery...I don't know about changing the shop mood, but I know ya gotta go where the money's at!!! Keep us updated...RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
That's one cool Hot Rod RL :thumbsup::thumbsup: Those are some nice wheels!!! Your friend needs to put those wheels into production, I'm sure they would sell. Congrats on the tank too!!! See if you can shoot that Hot Rod and blow it up so I want have to race against it, don't want to take any chances :p:p...RM

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,733 Posts
Great save RL!!! That's a nice YELLOW Dodge, with a red stripe to boot!!! Hey, I like that blue Sunoco light duty hauler. Those stickers look good on there...RM

1 - 20 of 281 Posts