Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
The shop started out very small and has grown on Back at the Shop. It just seemed time to start a separate thread and hope enough projects get developed to keep it moving along.

Opening on Halloween, may not have been such a good an idea! The boys spent to much time first acquiring & cleaning up these trucks then organizing the display in the back of the shop, NOT to show it!

So HAPPY Belated HALLOWEEN TO ALL HT Members from the One Guy Garage Crew!!!

The ghost, skull & bat all have flashing lights! The Road Reaper & Grave Runner trucks are the Halloween themed Tyco Trucks. At first, one suggestion was to paint a primed VW Beetle like a Pumpkin. Later, we were thinking of borrowing Randy's Pumpkin Willy's!! Luckily the trucks were found at a local show but needed a lot of tender loving care!
Now, it is time to put the decorations away for next year & get the shop back to work. Randy's tow truck created quite a demand by our tow truck operator's to show their trucks. So you know what's coming Next! ..RL

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,674 Posts
RL, Glad you found some Tyco Terrors!!! I doubt the pumpkin Willys will be out on loan, maybe a pumkin Nomad pie for Thanksgiving, lol. Just hire some help and get that shop going, we need pics!!! Let's see them trucks!!! RM

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
You said "Punkin" ...huhuhuhuhuhuh.....huhuhuhuhuhuh.....huhuhuhuhuhu

Looking forward to peeks inside your new shop RL!

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Congrats!!!!

Cool!! Another new shop open for business!! Nice resto work on the pick-ups!!! :thumbsup: And a Happy Halloween to you too!! Now don't start tearing the flashing LEDs apart!! We'll tear into them at a later time!! Good luck with the new scale venture and hope you keep us busily entertained!!

Oh and Bill, that Willys is slicker than punkin poo!! Between the chop and the scoop you'd need a periscope to see where you're goin!! Sweeeet!! :thumbsup:

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
XracerHO,

Will keep an eye open for future post of the One Guy Garage. I know you will have some fun stuff and the Halloween opening display is great...dig those trucks. :cool:

Bob...gotta love Skulls and the Grim Reaper...zilla

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tow Trucks

Same old shop guys just different location with a few new faces and rear of the shop setup for truck repairs. After Randy's tow truck conversion, our operators wanted to be displayed.

First, Bill's light duty tow vehicle, he just likes his old Chevy pickup. Even though she is old she still does the job!

Next up, Jerry & Dan drop off a car for some mechanicals & paint!

Off again for the next delivery.

Their truck runs very well & handles well with a car aboard.

Big Mike just phoned in & stated that he is coming in with his heavy duty tow vehicle for pictures - next time. ..RL

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Thanks for "hookin" us up!!!!

Bill's wrecker is pretty darn cool, but that flat bed is flat out awesome!!! I drove wrecker for 4 1/2 years, mostly flat bed, and get the pun there!! I can't wait to see the heavy duty!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

UtherJoe

·
Part Time Painter/Racer
8,674 Posts
RL, You may have to change your shop name to "TOWMASTERS". Looking good, nice detail work on the fog lights. I likes the flatbed also!!! Glad to see you've hired some help. I see Ol' Yeller just doesn't seem to get to excited. ...RM

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Keep on Truckin'

RL,

This is what I am talking about....Sweeet Tow Truck & Ramp truck!

oLD cHeVy PiCkUps ROCK...especially old Chevy Tow Truck pickups.

Bob...Great Job on these man...zilla

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Heavy Duty Tow

Thanks for the comments guys! Before more details on the trucks, Big Mike has been insisting on a showing. Also, the shop has been hit by temperatures in the 70's & the yard work of cleaning up the neighbours' leaves in our yard has taken priority. Never thought I would be glad for rain in the next few days.

Now, Mike's vintage heavy duty truck.

Introducing Red, in the ball cap, who will be setting up the truck service area in the back half of the shop. Only person, Mike let's wrench on his truck.

Red checking out some of the new equipment for his area of the garage before painting it.

Hope your not being towed but Big Bad John transmitted over the CB that he is bringing his modern heavy duty tow vehicle for photos, next! ..RL

1 - 20 of 1923 Posts