Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Raven,
Cool, I love the old Batman. I'm in the process of converting a reissue into an original version with resin parts.
I rummaged around your site too, impressive body of work. The Hulk looks cool. No Star Trek? Why did you take a picture of the lions' ass?:)
I hope things are getting better for you in real life too.

·
Premium Member
Models - Horror Figures and Science Fiction
6,044 Posts
Just plain a dandy job on the Caped Crusader. Your build up convinces me that the MPC head was the one improvement, of all the super hero kits they monkeyed with, over the Aurora original. I like Batman's black trunks; I'm not sure just what the intent was, but the artists of the 1960s for both Superman and Batman used a lot of black on the shorts. Perhaps it was to suggest a satin sheen or maybe to camouflage the characters' "nether regions"...I dunno. But your paint job goes a long way towards recreating the comic book appearance.

Also - I'm not sure how hard you tried to fill the joints between the arm and the torso, but I would point out the fact that Bruce Wayne or Alfred or somebody had to sew Batman's tights togther. Therefore those seams should be perectly acceptable as features one would see on the real thing. Just check out Adam West's costume to see the what I mean. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you for the comments all.

F91 said:
Raven,
Cool, I love the old Batman. I'm in the process of converting a reissue into an original version with resin parts.
I rummaged around your site too, impressive body of work. The Hulk looks cool. No Star Trek? Why did you take a picture of the lions' ass?:)
I hope things are getting better for you in real life too.
Thanks, things are improving here. I have Star Trek kits, just haven't attempted one yet, especially the vinyl figures.

Mark McGovern said:
Just plain a dandy job on the Caped Crusader. Your build up convinces me that the MPC head was the one improvement, of all the super hero kits they monkeyed with, over the Aurora original. I like Batman's black trunks; I'm not sure just what the intent was, but the artists of the 1960s for both Superman and Batman used a lot of black on the shorts. Perhaps it was to suggest a satin sheen or maybe to camouflage the characters' "nether regions"...I dunno. But your paint job goes a long way towards recreating the comic book appearance.

Also - I'm not sure how hard you tried to fill the joints between the arm and the torso, but I would point out the fact that Bruce Wayne or Alfred or somebody had to sew Batman's tights togther. Therefore those seams should be perectly acceptable as features one would see on the real thing. Just check out Adam West's costume to see the what I mean. :thumbsup:
This is the one and only Batman figure model I have. I like the head on this one. I've never seen the other ones up close to judge them, though. Also, I do very little to hide the seams. I fill any gaps, smooth things out a little, then paint. I appreciate the comments. Your Bride looked pretty awesome. Great job on the face.

Larry

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Great job! This is one of those kits that I had as a kid, and gives me a really strong sense of nostalgia. Especially when I built my repop earlier this year.

God, I love this hobby!!

Wayne

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yes, there's nothing like modeling (or whatever your personal hobby is) to put you back in the grove. Nice work the Batman (and the other models you have on the site). Mine's at the bottom of the pile, probably because it was one the first ones I bought a few years back when I first got back into the hobby. I seem to remember I picked up Batman, Robin and Superman at TRU for $2.95 a pop. Keep on modeling and post those pics!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts