Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another two weeks, it will be one year since I regularly began uploading my model work to youtube, though my very 1st vid was in 8/08. That I've just uploaded my 400th model video in that 12-14 months really staggers me. That those vids have been watched some 95,000 times absolutely floors me!

So, in combination with my monthly 'On the Bench' updates, I also take a few moments to thank all my viewers and give a specific shout to these forums and all you guys for your tips, tricks and kind words. While these vids are mostly notes for myself, I'm glad that my screwups have been helpful to at least several folks.

Over the coming year, I look to post just as many more covering piles of models. I've certainly got enough to last. So as this year winds down, I will finish off all the lighting I'm now doing, move on to some airbrushing for the first time (on video at least).

And as the new year kicks in, I'll get into a heavy star wars phase inc. my 2 studio scale TIE;s, 2 ertl TIE's, a pair fo snowspeeders, a pair fo astromechs, a protocol droid, speeder bike, xwing, and deathstar.

To keep me from going totally crazy, Robby and the C-57D will also join the fun and hopefully the Moebius J2, PL's K-7 and more.

Towards the summer, I want to dig into my Tamiya cvn-65, Lindberg Blue Devil, my Lotus7 and most eagerly anticipated of all, the pl 350 tos!

And of course, I will move all the kits sitting at various stages of progress and dig into more greeenscreening process in a serious way as the sound stage refines itself into something quite suitable.

So thanks to everyone for the encouragement and help and it's very rewarding that my meager efforts have helped others.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
I might have a bridge...

Michael's also sells neodymium magnets on the shelves.

have you considered using the bright green poster board? And the red tacks would be good for tracking and placement of your image anyway even if they're not being used to hold up the poster board.

Huzzah on your milestone! Here's to another 400!

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mage! I may not need the bridge afterall, but will keep it in mind. I haven't chkd Michael's, but I paid .80 cents each at another craft store compared to 50 mags for $12 shipped. So that was that for me. I usually have green posterboard on the wall, but the entire thing collapsed with the summer's muggginess, so decided to do some testing with various fabrics. Most common reds have some blue in them whereas the neon orange tacks I'm trying now have mostly red with some green. Tests will occur over the coming months.
:wave:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts