Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time to start a thread about ROADCOURSE racing here in Beaver, PA. I thought the topic title appropriate, since alot of racers refer to The Raceway as "The Beav". So, a little about the track:
We have an OZITE track that is 75 x 32 feet in racing area, carpeted pit areas, covered tables, chairs, cable TV, restrooms trackside, 100 fluor. lights, 200 amps of AC for JUST THE TRACK, heated floor, and air-conditioned air. We have an on-site hobby shop, and maintain a SMOKE-FREE environment. We also do NOT allow any "wintergreen"-based tire compounds, and will be switching exclusively to Jack-The-Gripper as the season starts. For meals, we bring-in Pizza Joe's pizza, and offer a PIZZA BUFFET(about 7 different types) for purchase at our cost, as well as offering about 10 different flavors of soda & bottled water. This facility was built BY RACERS, FOR RACERS, with no detail overlooked.
If you have questions, you may contact me at [email protected] or at (724) 728-5571 John @ RJ :wave:

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
For the seriousely bitten by the Race Bug-you can run at The Beav on Saturday and then run Sunday somewhere else too!!!

The competition thereis really tough too. The are home to some super fast sedan and 12th scale drivers.

And the Pizza is awesome!!

Oh-I talked to John yesterady and we can run our Personal Transponders there as well.

Ray

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On-Road Start date/time

Brian, nice to hear from you! We will be starting the first Saturday AFTER Labor Day(with practice friday night, day before). Doors open for racing at 1PM, with racing beginning at 3PM. Pizza to follow at about 5PM, and race completion at about 7PM. This earlier start is to accomodate all of you out-of-town racers, to allow you to get home at a decent hour. And, as Ray said above, the Saturday roadcourse allows everyone in the Tri-state area to enjoy 2 DAYS OF ROADCOURSE each weekend!!!!! The same will be for our "oval racers", but on Sundays. Thanks, and hope to see you Sept 5 or 6th!!! John @ RJ :wave:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Oh yeah, Im alive. Starting to get ready for the official start of the season. I raced twice this summer, so Im ready to start breaking some boards on a weekly basis (It wasnt too pretty)!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Schedule at "The Raceway"

Brian (& others), just a quick note to let you know that we will be racing roadcourse straight through the Fall with only the 9/27 race at Beaverrun(weather permitting), and The Halloween Race at the Gate 10/27 being our only times that we will not be racing here, inside. This is of particular interest to those who may be looking to race at their "home" track, and cannot because of schedules. Once again, we will be racing ALL OTHER Saturdays, other than the two posted above- even during Christmas, and New Years' weekends. So, pencil us on your calendars for the times that you "just NEED TO RACE" and can't at your local track.

Yesterday, we just ran our AMB R/C system (& Alycat software) for the first time, and the system performed VERY WELL!- it even accepted personal transponder inputs, and pronounced most names CORRECTLY! I can't wait for more names.................. See you on the 5th!John. :wave:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ahhhh John!!!! You went to modern software!?!?!?! I loved the old archaic (sp?) software because it performed flawlessly or you masked it so well.

Just kidding. It will be nice to use the PT at other tracks and if the new software blues strike, it's Saturday so it doesn't matter.

Eric,

I hope the Champs are better this year. Actually, for me, it couldn't be worse this year. No where to go but up. :tongue:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hi John,

With the new software, does that mean you won't be announcing the races? That was the best part of racing there is your announcing. "And there is Kelly Bean in the Pink car right behind, my friend Dana." That was great. :lol:

Paul

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John's NOT announcing?????

Don't count on it!!!! Whether one likes/ or hates the way I run races, I feel that if I enjoy what I am doing, others will also join in on the fun. Hey, if R/C racing is not entertaining, then why are people paying to see it?? Although I STILL haven't gotten a call from Vegas yet...... :jest: Thanks for your concern, the computer's voice (Mary) is just a toy for now, we'll see if I can teach her how to say p-i-n-k ; THEN she may get a shot at "the BIG chair" John. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
John,

Tell us more about the asphalt RC car race at the Beaver Run Race track your hosting. Chambers told me a little about it. I can run my 235mm Impact?

Thanks,
Ray
p.s. Paul-you are a sick little man!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
John,
You are the God of all RC announcers. Forget about that Mary chick.

Paul, you gotta stick up for yourself man, I can't bear to watch you brutalized by Brian & Ray.

Later-
Jason M.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First, let me start by saying to Paul.... if you like, I'll rent her voice to you for $5.00/hr, or you can buy "her" at Alycat Software for $219.00 and get her to talk to you ALL THE TIME. :jest:
Next, Ray, I wish I could give you more at this point, but right now, it looks like 2 of the major car clubs in Beaver COunty have pulled-out of the event; which could affect how many show, and whether it continues. If it does continue, and we can go (weather permitting), we have the entire skid pad for setting-up a race course and parking. So, if nothing else, you could bring your speed racer car and run hot laps.
Finally, Jason thanks for the kind words, but you haven't heard/met "Mary" yet..............John @ RJ :lol:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Labor Day's over so LET'S RACE!!!!!!!!!

OK guys, I know alot more of you are reading this, than are participating on it. So,............... Anyway, the rug is currently drying from the "good cleaning" - yielding gallons of BLACK WATER out of the machine. Don't forget---- we are switching to JACK-THE-GRIPPER as the ONLY tire compound to be used here. If you have the "orange stuff" you may use the remainder of what you have left, and then PLEEEEEEEEEEZE buy 'Jack" to replace it. There will be a time/date in the future when ONLY "Jack" will be allowed, but not for a while. We want you to get the most of your money already spent.
This Friday starts the first time that we will be "practicing" BEFORE the next days' roadcourse race, so come on down! I will only vacuum the pits and any "marbles" on the outside of the racing/driving area after Friday's practice, so the rug will be worn in for Saturday's race.
Also, we will be using our new digital transponders/personal transponders for this weekend, so bring 'em if you have 'em!
Hope to see ALL of you over the next few weeks! John @ River Junction :wave:

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
John-I had planned on making it out there this week to do some battery testing, but this short week combined with leaving for vacation has made that impossible. I'll be seeing you later on this summer/fall.

Ray

·
Registered
816 Posts
personal transponders

John,
Will you have personal transponders for sale?
What are the hours for practice Friday?
Whats new at the shop,any goodies?That Hitec CRX looks pretty cool.
Is Dan H. coming?I'd like to see that Yokomo.

1 - 20 of 542 Posts