Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, that should have read "ONE" of the most... but talking about obscure, this one takes the cake! Two car set of 1990 Subaru Legacy world speed record attempt cars. Not only obscure, but beautiful executed examples. $15 of the best dollars I have spent in a while.

Hope you enjoy this offbeat set.

From the Subaru web site...

"PRIOR TO LAUNCHING THE 1990 LEGACY, SUBARU DREW ATTENTION TO THE CAR’S CAPABILITIES AND DURABILITY BY ATTEMPTING TO SET WORLD SPEED RECORDS WITH IT. IN AN EFFORT INVOLVING THREE LEGACY RS TURBO SEDANS, SUBARU ESTABLISHED A NEW 100,000-KILOMETER WORLD SPEED RECORD AS WELL AS 13 INTERNATIONAL RECORDS, SOME OF WHICH STILL STAND TODAY."

Full site link to read more...

http://www.drive.subaru.com/Spr09/Spr09_20years.htm

In the Arizona desert, these two car (of a three car team) helped prove the upcoming release of this series.

The white #2 (Named "Hare") ran over 447 hours at an average speed of 138mph

While the yellow #3 ("Chick") covered 445 hours at 136 mph. Many of these records still stand today.

Thanks for the look....

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Opens like a book? Off beat right down to the packaging!
Never heard of speed endurance records - ya allways learn stuff from diecast, huh? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
260 Posts
As you can tell by my tag name, I love Tomica also. I bought this set and many other items from Mini-Motors. Had most already but MMs prices were fantastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts