Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I can't answer your question, but I have to say it's sellers like this that just rub me the wrong way. They just love to throw the word rare in the description. Since when is the '68 Chevy Nova FE and the Star Spangled '57 Chevy "rare"? With a BIN price of $9.
Gimme a break. As far as I'm concerned that's false advertising. Go ahead and brag about the 2900 plus positive feedback. It doesn't mean a thing if you're going to describe something hanging on the pegs as "Rare", and give it a high BIN price to reinforce the description.

Sorry for the venting.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, ..I did notice this guys auctions..probably not a good dude...
just popped up the auction to use as an example...
anyone know anything about the red/white Baja Bug?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It was harder to find

Pablodragon said:
anyone know anything about the red/white Baja Bug?
I had one but gave it to a VW friend of mine thinking I could find another but never did, also need one of the concepts, same deal, had it, gave it away and never found another, blue or red, can't remember. So yeah, I would call it hard to find.

Clark :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Most of these were sucked up by distributors and didn't make into the retail chain; best place to look is at a toy show, if still around aynwhere.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
the drag busses and micro busses i got off ebay but i found 23 of the orange bug and 13 of the blue baja at my fred meyers

my aunt sent me the 2 beetle cups red and blue

but here i never saw the red baja or purple bug i heard they were really htf

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Never saw a VW Preferred on a peg anywhere. As was said earlier, many went to dealers and the collectors were left with little opportunity to find them in the store as they were sucked up as soon as they hit the pegs, if they ever did.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Pablodragon said:
well I finally found one of these, but this is what I had to pay for it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6921651858

hmmm..maybe u all can't use that link, if it no work-y, it's itme no. 6921651858
if you think you paid to much then sell it to me ill give you 20$ shipped for it ive looked on ebay only seen one loose

i thought i had one so i promised it to a friend for doing me a big favor well found out i had the blue one i still owe him a red one

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
vw-wl-collector said:
if you think you paid to much then sell it to me ill give you 20$ shipped for it ive looked on ebay only seen one loose
that's ok..ya make me feel better about it... sometimes it's not about if it's aTH or a WL, but who wants something and how bad they want it.. I've seem to have found, that on e-pay, ya gotta have patience.. things seem to come up if you wait long enough

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh, also for anyone above that needs a blue/silver one, I have that one ready to go, just wanted the red/white one, anyone need the blue one? cash?trade

1 - 13 of 13 Posts