Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys looks like mother nature is going to take her first win of the season. Every highway into Omaha is shut down. The roads are covered and blowing and drifting snow is preventing the plows from clearing them.

After talking with the Hobbyplex crew in the interest of safety we fell the best decision is to postpone the race until next weekend.

Sorry guys there just is no good decision in this situation. For those that have spent the money to travel or taken the time off work I apologize for the inconvenience. But I would feel much worse if somebody got hurt in a car accident trying to get to the race. After all it is just a hobby.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Sonny, I know that had to be a very tough decision. We must remember you can't fool mother nature. I just checked and 80 west of Des Moines is still closed.

I do feel bad for those that have either made it there or have made an attempt.

See you next weekend.

AJ

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know some of the Michigan crew are traveling through Illinois and Iowa right now.

So the weekend is not a total loss Allen from Allens R/C just called and is willing to open up his track in Springfield for practice tonight at 4pm and racing tomorrow. I will confirm the race time but it will most likely be a noon start on Saturday.

More info coming soon.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
as i sit in omaha(lol)i wonder why wasnt the desicion made as the evening of the weather instead of the day when we are to arrive.now the oppertunity to come to the race is gone.if we would have known last nite we could have changed our plans.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
it is dissapponitng but you cant fight mother nature, good luck to those who race next weekend, i'll be in vegas for the cup race :wave: :tongue:

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Well that sucks, but if next weekend's race isn't a points race that isn't fair for everyone either. I'm sure I'm not the only one who sat down and said I have to make three of these races before Nats and Omaha was going to be one of them. I'd have been there tonight with sled dogs, or next week without :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
It is a rough job to make the decisions. and you can not make EVERYONE happy.

Will try to attend next weekend.

Hope everyone makes it home safely.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Damn, I was stoked! Looks like allens saturday, twin bridges sunday. I cant do omaha next week. Too many races this month, vinton and the nats.

·
Registered
387 Posts
mc43 said:
as i sit in omaha(lol)i wonder why wasnt the desicion made as the evening of the weather instead of the day when we are to arrive.now the oppertunity to come to the race is gone.if we would have known last nite we could have changed our plans.
It's always a tough call with the weather, there was a chance that the weather could have broke and everything could have worked out. We're very sorry that it didn't. With the roads being closed and safety being our first concern, unfortunately, postponement was the best choice.

The track will be open today for practice and we will be racing tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Tim Ski

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
As one of the guys who $pent Hundred$ to get here, (Omaha), only to find it canceled
it's obvious that I'm disappointed. We fly home Sunday & doubt we'll make it next week. Now that's our choice, but to suggest next weekends race NOT be a "points"
race wouldn't be fair. People across the mid-west have paid a much greater price for
this storm, and that tempers my disappointment for sure.
Sonny, one suggestion, a pre-determined plan, or a protocall as to what make a BRL
race, (#-entries, etc,) and what and/or when, (especially the latter) to call-off a
race. I know this can be very difficult, but sooner is allways better. . . After all,
many racers were allready enroute. I never saw the need to even consider a weather
cancellation plan for indoor racing, but I see it now. . .
Thank-You again Sonny for all your work & effort, when it's all fun and games, and
when the decisions are very tuff.

I'm sure that togather, we can do better

John S.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Too bad it had to get cancelled but what can you do. I wont be able to make it next weekend, but hopefully it will be done snowing for the allens race at the end of march lol. Hope the race goes well next weekend.

Also there is racing Sunday at His and Hers Hobbies in Kenosha WI. Paragon is allowed and the track has excellent bite.
Heres a list of people I know will be there for 4300:
Cory Heft
Mike Makus
Sully
Jason Hack
Jim Likeric
Hays Jr
Hays Sr
Butch Thompso
Dave Dygon
Ken LUpi
Matt Gansen?
Mark Steiner?
There will also be a good crowd of 13.5 probably 10-15 cars.

Hays Jr

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
haysreeling said:
Too bad it had to get cancelled but what can you do. I wont be able to make it next weekend, but hopefully it will be done snowing for the allens race at the end of march lol. Hope the race goes well next weekend.

Also there is racing Sunday at His and Hers Hobbies in Kenosha WI. Paragon is allowed and the track has excellent bite.
Heres a list of people I know will be there for 4300:
Cory Heft
Mike Makus
Sully
Jason Hack
Jim Likeric
Hays Jr
Hays Sr
Butch Thompso
Dave Dygon
Ken LUpi
Matt Gansen?
Mark Steiner?
There will also be a good crowd of 13.5 probably 10-15 cars.

Hays Jr
Hays......what time they start?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Mark #10 said:
Hays......what time they start?
Original plan was track opens at 8 am with racing at 12, but they might give us some more practice time if more people show up. I just talked to Matt and he said he's planning on going.

Hays Jr

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
won't be able to make the next weekends race to short of notice, other commitments for that weekend.. :cry:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I'm giong to agree with some of the guys on here. Next week needs to be for points for the ones like me that where only going to make 4 races.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts