Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looky what I got yesterday. Finally this beaut is out. Found in the new CARS Assortment r8 along with the F550 JLPD Tow truck and the 63 Vette 10th Anniversary monthly chase car. I'm gonna have to open this Hurst for sure. I'll take some closeup and post later.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Tiny, don't you feel better now that JL has done another Olds. :thumbsup: Now if they would just do a few more for you... Right around the same time they make a '89 Trans Am GTA, I'll be happy. But seriously, I can't wait to get my hands on that one either. :dude:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Sweet, I've been waiting for this casting for a long time, although the bottom half looks like it turned out a bit chunky. How did the grille come out, properly textured for the year? does the hood open? Eagerly awaiting more pics... :dude:

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SiNutt said:
I can't quite see it...can you post a bigger pic?

J/K! That's one I will be adding to my collection...
This machine deserved as much detail as I could give it

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CTWLSMIKE said:
LOL

Good looking car for sure. Can you post the '63 Corvette 10th pic?
sure ... they are all on my website as well. The tow truck is stated on the JL site to be starlight black where in fact it's a deep dark greenish-blue

·
Rocket Power
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
96cutlass said:
Sweet, I've been waiting for this casting for a long time, although the bottom half looks like it turned out a bit chunky. How did the grille come out, properly textured for the year? does the hood open? Eagerly awaiting more pics... :dude:
I suppose I should open it up then. It's my only one for now since I had only one case of the CARS to open. It's on a MOMC card as well. But I'm dying to play with it. The full release of CG r24 won't be out till after RC2 moves the Fife WA warehouse items.

OK here it goes ... rippppppp .... closeup coming later
Gotta scratch to see if I win anything .... hold ... " sorry please try again" ... doh !

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
1)is that H/O a new casting?(I seem to remember the old Olds)
2)I remember another JLPD Tow truck from the JL COLLECTION(?)What does the "JL" represent on the 1:1?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yup, the '83 Hurst Olds is an all new casting, and yes, it does have the correct grille pattern (Oh, and "Lighting Rods" too!)

Art

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
The castings look great especially the Olds but there are some details that seem to be sliding. First, the Olds picture card itself. In the past PM always seemed to go the extra mile to clean the photo up either airbrushing something or taking out the background. I'm surprised they left so much in that background. Don't get me wrong, the picture of the car itself is sweet but it needs retouching to make it commercial grade. A quick fix on Photo Shop or is this the direction PM is going with these?

The tow truck has some glaring differences as well. The pic shows a white bumper, tha casting does not. Totally different light bars? The casting has a sun visor and the pic doesn't. The stripe stops at the door while the pic shows it to continue. The JLPD font is way off and the tow rig itself isn't the same. This looks like it was a forced match.

Still a nice casting but it reminds me of the Fonzi bike situation.

Great work on the Olds casting details. I would think that that pad print is one tough job to duplicate!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts