Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a older pressure washer from campbell hausfeld it has a 6hp briggs motor and i have had a problem with it leaking fuel. well today i decided to see what was wrong and the fuel is leaking out of the front of the carb where the filter is. i opted for a new carb rather than rebuild what i got. my question is, is there anyway right now with it leaking fuel to see if the motor indeed is good before i order the carb? when i tried pulling the cord before it only comes out a few inches and thats it. is that normal. this is not my pressure washer so i am not used to the normal working of it.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
If the carburetor is flooding fuel out of it, it is possible that there is a lot of excess fuel in the cylinder. This can cause a hydro lock in the engine. Remove the spark plug and see if the engine will pull through, be careful that the spark plug wire is grounded and that the ignition switch is in the off position so that a spark will not ignite any fuel. If the engine will still not pull through there could be other problems either with the engine or the pressure pump.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well found out that the pressure pump was froze. motor is running like brand new after thoroughly cleaning the carb. still searching for a new pressure pump. altho it runs with the pump attached its just loud. i'll probably just end up running it til it dies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts