Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got around to scanning some of my old pictures. Take a peek at these from back in the day. The first two pretty much sum up the place. On the first one, Thats an old friend Johnny Barlow early in the morning when all was well then the second one is of him is late in the evening after he had just had a day we'd all like to forget. There will never be another Whip but I'm sure some of you have stories of other tracks that we'd all enjoy reading.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
A few more

Well like it says, A few more and I have others.

The second picture is of Ernie Bucci who's a long time friend but once enlarged, I just noticed the guy standing to the left of him leaning on the railing. Thats none other than Mike Boylan. Another long time friend and I did'nt even know I had him in that picture after all these years. Hi Mikey:wave:

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
David Butts said:
Well like it says, A few more and I have others.

The second picture is of Ernie Bucci who's a long time friend but once enlarged, I just noticed the guy standing to the left of him leaning on the railing. Thats none other than Mike Boylan. Another long time friend and I did'nt even know I had him in that picture after all these years. Hi Mikey:wave:
Cool photos Dave, The good old days.

The number 5 car on the grid I think is Bill Horne. Man I wish he was still around.

The picture of the guy on the left next to the track record sign is a guy that I raced with from Bradenton. I can't remember his full name but we called him Tiny...LOL

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Thanks David those are great.

Whip closed why??? Well car count weekly used to be 100+ then was sometimes under 15 at the end, and the big races that used to draw 400+ couldn't pull 100. So the owner Bob Hosch sold the land and made a ton. Burn out more than anything, on racers part and his part.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
ovalnewb21 said:
any other tracks around still like that?
Yep there is still many fine paved traks still around..Most have gone to the tri oval shape.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Cool pics of Whipporwhill there Mr Butts ............ I dropped a bunch of $$$$ at that place back in the day............. but it was alot of fun.

I even won a race there back in 92 ..........eeeee gads !! 15 freakin years ago .......no wonder my hair is turning grey .......... hahahahaha.

·
Registered
743 Posts
hey mr Butts! cool pics and hankster also cool pics. do anyone know where I can buy a couple of old whip tapes or dvds or maybe make one? :thumbsup:

ROCK :cool:

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I only got to race there one time but man was it fun,I met Bob Hosch and his wife and thought he was one of the nicest guys I ever met,I've still got photo's also from that week, it was in 93 I think,I hadn't been racin but a few years.It was really cool to read about the big races down there all the time,wish we could draw crowds like that again.As far as tracks go, there are still some super nice tracks around the country.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts