Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Ya know, I do believe I have a couple of oldies but goodies around here that just might fit that description...

Great idea for a thread. :thumbsup:

--rick

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
i have (no pic) an old aurora chaperall gt, that the wing is long gone over
the 40 + yrs. i've had it...
replaced the struts w/ sanded smoothe toothpicks and a piece of curvered blister pack plastic..
painted it 2 match the car & ammazingly enough, it looks better than the original w/ an actual upscoop @ back of the wing...added new shoes & tires
it has ver low usage orig. shoe weren't worn, just corroded from age...

Bubba 123 :wave:

·
Registered
32 Posts
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/album.php?albumid=267&pictureid=1615
Here's mine. The Energizer #0. This beast won 27 straight over two years. One day the right rear just flew off during a race. Earlier that day, my wife had informed me she was expecting. There was a moment of quiet and then (I believe it was my brother) one of the guys piped up and said "Yep, you can tell his wifes pregnant, the rabbit just died."

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Yeah... I gotta horse.

Frankie.... My go-to guy. Here he is shortly after I rescued him. Rescued just because of the decal (which I clearcoated).

re-Shoed a few years later... dammit if this guy don't just keep runnin circles around everything I own... Maintenance?... oil sometimes. You don't mess with Frankie.

... that's like leaving fish to find fish. :dude:

·
BANNED
8,199 Posts
aw man, I just saw (within the last two days) a complete decal sheet including that one and I cannot remember where. a much larger scale model kit or from a different slot manufacturer.
it'll come to me at 4 in the morning and wake me out of a sound sleep probably.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
My warhorse

Howdy Here is My " rescue slotcar' It's an original candy red Aurora Mustang. I couldn't believe it was soo hacked up. I paid over 50 bux for it on ebay and thank god it has a good running wildones chassis under it. It now has plenty of freinds and see quite a bit of track time
Clyde-0-Mite

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
It's not perfect and I tried to take the distortion from the Hot Rod's curved trunk lid out of the image. Hope that it can be used. The image is about 1 inch across.
Thanks to Al's pics, I was able to get the artwork a little closer to the original.

-Paul

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
i'm kinda surprised this thread hasn't taken off... i thought EVERYONE would show off their old beaters. anyway, here's another one of mine:

--rick

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I hope this qualifies ?

Is this a Beater ? It's rough, and was ONLY just put back on the track a short time ago. But it has has prior race history and taken a few bumps and rubs ;)

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Is this a Beater ? It's rough, and was ONLY just put back on the track a short time ago. But it has has prior race history and taken a few bumps and rubs ;)
Are you kidding? That's perfect. Textbook example of a War Horse. Pretty awesome looking, I might add... :thumbsup:

--rick

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi Gang
This has been my *go to* car for many years. Not the fastest, but a handlin beast! Its not this pretty now.....

This was after repaint #umpteen

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
have to find my camera

rick i check this thread often. just havnt posted any pics yet. are you kiddin me all my stuff looks like war horses!! lol. fact is i,m toyin with opening up a shop thread. been thinkin the shop will be called "ghetto speed" i did see the camera a few days ago i just cant remember where?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts