Hobbyist Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I just dug out my parents basement my 80's Red Schwinn Scrambler with black Skyway mags, Tange Z forks, mushroom grips, Aftermarket bars anodized red...sticker is gone and can't remember the brand...bear claw pedals, dual clamping headset...can't remember the brand of the top of my head...I am gonna clean it up and change the tires and ride the old beast this weekend!

My brother used to have an MCS...it was pink with white mags if I remember right...

My baby right now is a totally chromed out REDLINE Triple X...just put a new tank headset on it this winter...

...The memories... My neighbor growing up had the sickest bike in town I wish I could remember the brand....

·
Registered
303 Posts
ahh the memories: I HAD a Raleigh Rampar R10? RR9? that was bronze metallic, tuff wheels - got it for my birthday in 1980. Went in to play the pinball game at Colisseum pizza in Baltimore-and you guessed it-stolen. 2 weeks old-heartbreaker. Anybody seen it by chance?

I then had a Schwinn 5000? chrome, tuff wheels, mongoose, tange. man those were the days. (I traded it for a Schwinn 10 speed-IDIOT!!!)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
fjimi said:
I then had a Schwinn 5000? chrome, tuff wheels, mongoose, tange. man those were the days. (I traded it for a Schwinn 10 speed-IDIOT!!!)
That was kind of dumb but the 10-speed started to get very popular

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I might buy a free agent limo soon. the year of the bike is 2000 , black/yellow really nice bike if you ask me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
i use to have 2 kuwahara bike both decked out ful freestyle i was trying to keep them after the company quit making them and they were stolen shortly after that, what made it worse was i had a grazalia tandem bike (rims looked like the rims off of a motorcycyle and was in mint condition) when the bikes were stolen the severely damaged the tandem and it was impossible to replace or repair.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have a 89 chrome dyno frame and my dad used to race BMX in michigan he had a hutch and a redline now i have a 95 redline with original flight cranks and seat and eastern bars with alex MX22 double wall rims great bike

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
I have an old Dyno Tour, that has a crack in the frame. It isn't doing me any good I'd love to sell or trade ( I live in Southen NJ) make me an offer.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Forgot a few others in the list on page 1

Elf and Profile

They may have been regional, but Profile was an elite brand out of Florida. One of the early adopters of 3 piece cranks with sealed crank sets.

Elf was great if you were looking for the lightest bike on the market, but they cracked easy. Neat frame shape though...the tubing was more rectangular than round.

I bounced between BMX racing and freestyle.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts