Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,386 Posts
1 of my favorite hotwheels castings also. :thumbsup: Nice one's you guy's have congrats. :thumbsup: I'm still on the hunt for some of those. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
674 Posts
A classic casting that goes back to the first half of the 1980s. I recall a recent update with an open engine, Old Number 5.0 or some such that wasn't received as well, but the casting counting those modifications has been in the line for a good 35 years.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
They called it old number 5.5 with an oversized engine and those of us who like our classic fire engines did not like it at all! I have two versions of that one in my collection - neither of which I bought - gifted to me by another collector - possible they might find their way to a sale post some day.

·
Administrator
32,821 Posts
For the ones with closed hoods, the yellow one on the left and the red one on the right are both Target exclusives. The yellow one is from the 1995 Then and Now series and the red one from the 1994 Hall of Fame tin set. I am not sure about the red one in the middle - some sites call it a louvered version of the 1981 release, but it also matches more to other sites that call it the Collector No. 1 'Blue Card' issued in 1990. @ss69 shows it without the hood tampo (1989) and with (1990) in his Blue Card Passion thread https://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/897-hot-wheels-collectors-series/408301-blue-card-passion-35.html post #1046.

@pjedsel did your source give you any other details about the middle one?

:cheers2:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
The middle one was added to my collection when it was released way back when so it would be an early issue. :) Have, sadly had to many computer crashes over the years and lost most of the old data that I once had regarding many of the models in my collection. Thank you for pointing out the back ground on the other two fire engines - I can add that back into my data base. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts