Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is Martijn checking in from the Netherlands. I am a former JL- Talk member. I'm not really collecting anymore but I am curious how everybody is doing. I will not post very often but i'll check in Daily and lurk around. Maybe my old habits will return.:thumbsup:

See you around!
M75

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Wow, a "blast from the past"!
Martijn, it's great to see you posting again after a very long absence.
I don't post often and don't visit here often either anymore but occasionally I come here to see what's happening.
Obviously, I picked the right day to visit.
Personally, I gave up on JL castings a few years ago but do actively collect 1/64 scale Greenlight castings.
That's about it for diecast.

I hope that life is treating you well!

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
That's right!!!
I remember you from JLTalk! :wave:
We had fun talking 1:1s as well as the little'uns. ;)

I've been collecting old Lesneys and hang out in the MB forum quite a bit.

Glad you (and Cobe:wave:)stopped in. Are you collecting much for diecast lately?

Dave/Lum

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Lummox and AC!

Good to "see" you guys around. Hope everything is ok and that life is treating you wel. I'm doing great. Since december 2013 we have a little baby daughter called Nova(guess where the name came from). :)

I'm not actively collecting die cast but I do look around internet for Nice finds so now and then. I'm still in love with the older series of JL. Love the cool collectibles, Hot Rods, 60's sizzle, Mopar or no car and so on.

Man we had fun with JL-talk. We ROAKed eachother almost Daily hahaha. Also loved the custom thread and I loved december where we made surprise boxes for eachother. OW and AC, I always loved Your JL. Pictures.:thumbsup:

OK guys. Again, good to "see" you again and "see" you around.

Cheers,
M75

·
Registered
929 Posts
Nice to hear from you again Martijn, :wave: been a long time.
Miss the JLTalk days, and the Johnnys too!

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Welcome to Hobby Talk Martijn! :wave:

Congrats on the baby! :hat:

I had fun posting on JLTalk......sad that both JLTalk and the Johnny Lightning line are gone. :cry:

I don't post much on Hobby Talk since I found other hobby sites. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Lummox. It's a blessing.

Hi Bray and Stutz! Good to "see" you around. Hope you guys are doing great.

Have a great sunday.

Cheers!
M75

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you PWSchuh. It's appriciated.

Hey guys, is Mark(can't remember clearly) from the New York area still around?
Is that Dadscoronet? I visited him years ago when I was visiting the USA. Swifty was there also and a few others that day. I had a blast.

Cheers and "see" you around!
M75

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Six years ago!!

It's the flying Dutchman!! How are you, Martijn??:wave: Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!! That is great news! :woohoo: :hat:

For those of you who don't know, Martijn came to my Cruise Gathering in 2008.
He is third from the left in this photo.

Nice to see you posting again. Like Lummox (Dave), I have been hanging out in the Matchbox forum lately. We are going to have to try get you back into diecast somehow, and I have just the plan. What are you doing in early October? How about hopping on a plane and coming to my Cruise Gathering!!!:D
Glad to hear you are doing well. Check your PM box.
- Mark :wave:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Mark,

Now that brings back memories! You can tell who's the crazy European guy.....hahaha. I have send you a PM. Can't make it this year because of expansieve construction work At my house but in 2015 I might make a stop by As we are flying over to visit my wifes familiy again.

Awesome to "see" you around and do stay in touch!

Cheers,
M75

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Just thought I'd say Hi, although I wasn't around for the fun times before.

But I wanted to say - Nova???

Neat, but maybe you should have gone all out and called her, oh, I don't know, maybe

Chevrolet?

If I were to have another kid I'd probably name them Plymouth. (that'd be the day, I just turned 65)

:jest:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Duncan,

I called my cat Chevy.....but that's another story.

Nova originally comes from Stella Nova wich Means new star.
Newborn.....new.....Nova.

So my wife really liked that and I was silently thinking......cool! Chevy Nova, a car I really like. So in that way we are both really happy with the name and Nova didn't say that she didn't like it :tongue:

But Plymouth? Hahahaha, you would probably been given jailtime for that.

Take care and "see" you around!:wave:

Cheers,
M75

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
:)

Well, I did give my youngest son the middle name of Wyoming. Only because I knew my wife wouldn't let me get away with it as a first name. :wave:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Hi Martijn75 :wave:
Nice to see a name from the past check in. I remember and miss the good ol days of JLTalk.
I still collect and lurk around here, but not as much as before. These boards are pretty slow these days.
JL's are still my favorites in my collection.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hi 69Camaro,

Hope life is treating you well. I'm happy to see all the old JL-Talk friends around here. Attached is my JL-Talk exclusive Cobra.

Take care and "see" you around.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Hi Martijn! And while I'm at it I'll say hi to the rest of you as well! I don't visit much either other than visiting the Custom and sometime Matchbox forums but it's cool to see all the names again. It was nice to meet you Martijn at Mark's Cruise & hopefully you'll be ale to make the trip next year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Dadvball. I still love the custom Johnny's you gave me back in 2008. Hope life is treating you well. Take care and "see" you around.

Cheers,
Martijn

1 - 20 of 33 Posts