Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone do with there old battery packs? I some that I need to recycle or something.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
I believe most Radio Shack's have a battery recycling center...I just keep piling mine in the corner of the Garage...someday I hope to have enough to POWER THE WORLD~

21+ Years of R/C Racing~

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
i have older packs (and newer) for sale... wanna add to that stack ? *grin* just kidding.

if you have enough, maybe you can make a electric 1:1 car? ;-)

G

·
Me too, I have some 1200's, a few 1700sce. When I have some extra time I charge them up to see if they've gone bad or still take a decent charge.
For the bad packs (cells) check with local community and retailers to see if they offer a battery recycling program. I like many use to just throw them in the trash.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
I like many use to just throw them in the trash.
I believe in CA, it's a LIFE IMPRISONMENT and $2,000,000 fine for throwing them in the trash...

2/3rds of the prison inmates in the Ca. State Pen. are there for Illegal Battery Disposal, most of the rest of them are there for Illegal Battery trafficing...oh and there are a couple for RAPE, MURDER, TAX evasion, non-related Drug charges, and matress tag removal...LOL

·
Go Fast, Turn Left
4,799 Posts
If you have an R/C airplane club in your area check with them about using them. I reuse my 3800 race packs for receiver packs in my larger airplanes. They work great! I can power the radio system on my Ultimate Biplane for more than 12 flights. Maybe more, 12 is the most I've put on it in one weekend.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Joe: I heard in CA. its six years and no parole for taking the tags off T-Shirts, that's why Fruit of the Loom started making "tagless" t-shirts. :dude: Also heard that the largest sales area for Fruit of the Loom is in San Franciso. :eek:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
By law, you are supposed to recycle NiCad battereis but I don't think there is anything horrible in NiMH packs. That is why they are still available and NiCds are not. Radio Shack has always been my location of choice. I remember worrying while driving down there, piles of old packs bouncing against each other, whether they were charge or not. What irony if you burned up your 1:1 trying to get rid of the batteries.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts