Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all-

Life besides modeling has been keeping me busy of late, so I haven't been working on anything new. To try and keep my site fresh, I've added a restoration model I did a couple of years ago of the old Aurora Captain Action. I acquired it from the e-place for a very good price. Nothing spectacular, and probably not my best effort, but I was always a CA fan. Also, I've put some more of my aircraft collection in the aircraft section over the past month.

http://home.earthlink.net/~sgc6000/sf.htm

- Cappy D

·
Registered
564 Posts
Brings back memories. Either I or my brother had a CA action figure. I didn't know there was a model as well. Nice work on everything! That D7 is really nice.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
veedubb67 said:
Cappy,
Great work on the restoration. Is that a decal on his chest? If so, how did you save it?

Rob
Yes, it is a custom decal I made. I made it to look more like the actual action figure's emblem. I have it saved as a CorelDraw file, but it can easily be made into a JPEG or whatever.

When Playing Mantis revived the Captain Action figures six years ago, I always wondered if their Polar Lights division would come out with a repop of the model. Sadly, they said at the time they had no plans to, and then they discontinued the CA line. Fortunately, I have a few of the CA figures PM put out. They did a really nice job with them.

- Cappy D

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Indeed nice work!

I also got me a Captain Action figure (not the model) when Playing mantis reissued them. I had one as a kid! Tres cool!!

Huzz

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I had two of these kits when I was a kid. Unfortunately neither one survived to my adulthood. I love your restoration Cappy! One of these days I'm going to nab one of these on eBay and do the same!

Thanx for sharing it with us!

- GJS

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Wow, great job on the restore!! What a difference. And really, what a great way to show the difference in how the style of model building has changed over the years. I remember back when I was a kid, the 'in' style was gloss everything! Nowadays, I hardly ever use gloss on figures.

Again, great work!! Thanks for sharing!

Wayne

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Buzz-

Your link isn't working. I'd love to see your models. In the "to do" pile I have a Spartacus builtup and a Batmobile builtup. Plus Superman, Batman, and Robin repops with resin parts to back-date them.

-Cappy D

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
The link is working great for me, Buzz! Great jobs on Wonder Woman and the Mummy - I like the box Art approach you took on the paint jobs!

- GJS

the Godzilla is particularly effective this way, too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buzz-

Link is working for me now, too. Your stuff is great! I especially like the Wonder Woman. One day, I'll get one of those too!

- Cappy D

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
thanks guys, the spartacus is a great kit, I got the gladiator with trident, these were called the adventure series, there was 4 in the set .....hercules and the lion and a musketeer I have those also, I have been collecting for 15 years, I sure enjoy building these old relics.

Buzz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts