Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this for ~$40 shipped. How could I refuse?

It has been great to meet up with this old friend. I had two of these back in the day. Two years ago I picked up the ST V version and had forgotten that there was no ultra-carving all over the original's body. All I remembered were the rub down and holographic engine decals and the lights. Looking at this and the the ST V, wow. They really ruined the master molds on this kit. Hopefully it will be worth PL's time and cash to restore the master molds as it's a shame this no longer exists.

Wow is this hull smooooth! I'd like to do some casting so I don't have to build this one. Gotta learn resin first though.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Its amazing at how much work Ertl went though to screw that kit up. Plus if they wanted an Aztec look, why not put the real pattern on there or at least something close to it, those stupid little squares probably took as much effort as the real thing.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ertl made great strides in screwing up nearly every Star Trek kit. Feel free to add or subract to this list:
TOS Enterprise - originally did not have grid lines, after that every one had lines on saucer.

Movie Enterprise - smoothie became alot worse.

Spock - Look at the strides Round 2 has made to fix the hatchet job which was done to change Spock from the original series to TMP.

I can site all of the examples where they got the kit wrong from the start and never bothered to fix it. Instead, high praise to Round 2 and Polar Lights for taking time to get it right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts