Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a gold series 1967 shelby GT500 today but inside it is a red car that has tinted windows and looks like a car from the future? Does JL make many packing mistakes?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Getaloadofthis said:
Didnt seem to be tampered with but maybe thats what it was.
I bought the big pack of Mopar Muscle at TRU and noticed 2 "errors" There was a GTO and a Charger in there and there wasn't supossed to be. Since I'm not real familiar with hotwheels I didn't notice until I got home that that's what they said on the bottom! Someome switched out the cars and re-packaged. (twist ties and everything)

It must have been an employee. I can't imagine a customer/thief has the time to open up the JL's, and the two hot wheels, and repackage the jl's without damaging anything, but it sure folled me. (good thing I wasn't buying it for "value" rather than the rest of the Mopars)

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Toy Vettes said:
I bought the big pack of Mopar Muscle at TRU and noticed 2 "errors" There was a GTO and a Charger in there and there wasn't supossed to be. Since I'm not real familiar with hotwheels I didn't notice until I got home that that's what they said on the bottom! Someome switched out the cars and re-packaged. (twist ties and everything)

It must have been an employee. I can't imagine a customer/thief has the time to open up the JL's, and the two hot wheels, and repackage the jl's without damaging anything, but it sure folled me. (good thing I wasn't buying it for "value" rather than the rest of the Mopars)
People do this all the time. I've seen it in multiple walmarts and kmarts around my area. People want the JL but only want to pay the HW price. It makes the whole hobby look bad to a point.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Happens here too. Latest one was a Fast & Furious 1/20th scale Monte Carlo replaced with a Motormax 66 GTO hand painted flat black all over. Looked like a nasty PIP! The best switch I had seen was in a HW NASCAR select package, Sterling Marlin #40. They sold for about $5.99; someone had switched it with an Action Coors Light version that cost around $10! It was at Target; I did buy it. ;)

·
senile old cajun
1,276 Posts
i just started to see it here someone took two ultra hots and switched them with reg cars and didnt do a very good job of it either ttfn johnny :freak:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts