Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok all my freinds in the great white north....lets see a pic of one of the infamouse johnny lightning bins at walmart....seeing as i will most likely never see anything like that in my lifetime... i would love to see a pic of one.... :thumbsup:

·
Banned
231 Posts
I wish I had taken a few pics of the before and after. When they put the bins out they were stacked up to the $1 sign and now the bins are gone and the remainder are on pegs. Each bin must of had 2 or 3 thousand cars. the best pic would have been the hoarding of cars by scalpers. Five grown men just going at it, pushing and shoving!!! Quite the spectacle! Who needs 50 BWF 1967 NOVA'S????

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
for the record, the JLs at the WM near me were not dumped unceremoniously into a bin. they were placed on an end cap filling the 5 or 6 shelves, probably about 12 cards deep. no cardboard was ever were harmed.
2 days later they were all gone.

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
Here's an unconfirmed report:

OMFG,lmao!!!
That's about what the paxkaging looks like after its been dug thru,thrown,stepped on,chewed on(yes,I have witnesed a young child chewing cardboard and parents throwing it back on a shelf)

sad huh?!

WE only have pegs,and at that,1/2 the time they are all over the floors by the time the "other" people make the mad dash,and rip the shelves apart :(

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
We never got any bins; the cheap JLs were hung on an end.
Probably 5 pegs wide by 6 pegs high with each peg holding 5 or 6 blisters.
Most of them were Monopoly release 7 with some Poker releases 1 and 2 plus
some Rock Art thrown in.

We still have most of the same stuff hanging on these same pegs yesterday.
Pretty hard to get excited over any of this.
Sorry to disappoint many of you collectors with this report.
I am a little disappointed too. The big hoopla has been for nothing.
I anticipate seeing these same peg-warmers being around for months, even
though the price may only be $1.00.
After a steady diet of licensed material locally for the past two or three years,
I just can't get enthused over this material.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
1 Posts
Picture old guys from the flea markets loading shopping carts and body blocking everyone else out. I guy bought over 200 to resell... he was the one that told me that they were there, I didn't know.
I heard that 18 WL's where found, none by me. But I but 14 all together in 2 trips, 2 different Walmarts. First purchase in over 2 years, so I was happy.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
kevhur said:
Picture old guys from the flea markets loading shopping carts and body blocking everyone else out. I guy bought over 200 to resell... he was the one that told me that they were there, I didn't know.
I heard that 18 WL's where found, none by me. But I but 14 all together in 2 trips, 2 different Walmarts. First purchase in over 2 years, so I was happy.
Hello and welcome to hobbytalk. Glad you were able to find something among the rubble. :wave:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I Think The Waves Of Johnny Lightning Is Over In Wal Mart Canada Nothing Everywhere Only Few Remaining Peg Warmers ; Poker ; Monster Series + And Few Not Interesting Street Freaks Series ;;; Junk Stuff First Time In My Whole Life Saw A Bunch Of Johnny Lightning Like This;;

1 - 14 of 14 Posts