Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
:p Let me know how that turns out! I'm pretty sure where money is involved ( as in licensing) Jeff's people are keeping a sharp eye! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Also, hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but the Your Car is the Star series was cancelled well over a year ago if I'm not mistaken. And I have a feeling that RC2 would have pay some sort of licensing fee to make that car. They can't just make any casting they want and put it out ther without approval from the car company. I understand that you own the car, but the fact is, RC2 is having to print Jeff Gordon's logo etc on the car, thats a lawsuit waiting to happen if they just go in spit that car out without at least permission from RG"s people, but I'm sure they would want a piece of the pie, regardless of the size

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
3rdCoastDiecast is correct regarding the use of Jeff Gordon, and the car would not sell well anyhow. They did a Monte Carlo in Modern Muscle and also in Hot Rod Magazine - all of them were peg warmers.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
FastC6Vette said:
3rdCoastDiecast is correct regarding the use of Jeff Gordon, and the car would not sell well anyhow. They did a Monte Carlo in Modern Muscle and also in Hot Rod Magazine - all of them were peg warmers.
i agree!! they were peg warmers! i even owned a 2001 monte carlo ss when it was new complete junk! i kept it a year then traded it in!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
urmmm, hate to burst your bubble.. again, but that wouldn't work. You might own the car, but Jeff Gordon still owns the copyright on the paint job.

Thats just like asking PM/RC2/JL to go out and purchase a Hot Wheels Ferrari, and then copy it saying 'they owned the car they replicated'.

When Chevy made that car, they paid licensing fees, and any other reproduction, would incur those some fees.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
6-b-kwik said:
i agree!! they were peg warmers! i even owned a 2001 monte carlo ss when it was new complete junk! i kept it a year then traded it in!
:confused: I still drive my 2001 Monte Carlo every day. It has almost 160k on the original engine and trany with only minor problems through the years (knock on wood). Never a hard failure on anything.

But the diecast MC's were peg warmers here too.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
OK, so how did they do the 2003 pace car version?

AND, they could do the car the same way they do others. Just call it a "chevrolet monte carlo" Like the have done with a trans am in the past and just called it a "pontiac firebird"
Just leave off The 24's I'll put my own on. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts