Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't see any signs of oil leak around any gaskets. I did a leakdown test. all good . Just wondering if I could find with leakdown tester and stethiscope?

Thanks , Bob

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
?? Your thread title is oil leak, but you state you don't see any oil leak around any gaskets. Exactly how do you know there is an oil leak then? Enlighten us...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
?? Your thread title is oil leak, but you state you don't see any oil leak around any gaskets. Exactly how do you know there is an oil leak then? Enlighten us...
When I got it , there was oil all over and no oil in it. I told the the young guy that when he sees the light on it needs oil. Thats when I looked at gasket areas. No valve cover leaks or breather cover leaks. I think it came out where the oil fill tube goes to the sump.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure I found the source of leak. Breather cover. Couldn't see initially because of intake manifold. There is a foam filter that does not show on parts diagram. Is it supposed to be there?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Kawy improved some of their breather covers and gaskets awhile ago. Look for an upgraded gasket with RTV pre-applied, suggest you look to see if there's a kit available, with cover and hdwe. as they have for some older engines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts