Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to make this thread to announce that Marshalls Hilltop Hobbies in Honesdale, PA will follow TOUR rules this season!

If other tracks know they are going with the rules they can let us know also so we know the rules before hand!

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Marshalls Hilltop Hobbies in Honesdale, PA

Greeneville RC Speedway in Greeneville TN.

Strand R/C Raceway McAdoo, Pennsylvania

Turn 4 R/C Speedway Stafford Springs, CT

Walt's Hobbies, Syracuse NY

SRCA GP Somerset PA 15501

CRC Raceway will be using TOUR rules

Marion County Fairgrounds RC Raceway's Indy

trax70 bullring browns mills nj

Rosewood RC in Goldsboro, NC

RC Racing Station Kenner, Louisiana 70062

MTR Raceway - Bradenton, Florida

MINNREG Carpet Racing - Clearwater, Florida

RC-International Speedways Green Cove Springs, FL

Superior Hobbies Casselberry, FL 32707

Horsham Carpet Oval Horsham, PA

Tri-State Hobbies And Raceway Hamilton, OH

Rosewood RC - Goldsboro NC

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
something to think about:

What is going to happen when guys who travel to some of these tracks
are not part of the tour?......You are going to have racers who will not travel to some of these tracks for the bigger events due to the fact they dont want to be part of the tour or care for the classes setup in the rules......I believe the numbers will dwindle...since we sw3itched from 4 cell stock to brushless then to lipo the numbers at events have dropped...guys are leaving this hobby partly due to the fact rules change every year...........I dont believe this is how we are to make the hobby grow....

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Those people probably dont travel to races anyway. They need to get onboard with the rest of us and support the Tour rules so we have a more uniform hobby !

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

are not part of the tour?......You are going to have racers who will not travel to some of these tracks for the bigger events due to the fact they dont want to be part of the tour or care for the classes setup in the rules......I believe the numbers will dwindle...since we sw3itched from 4 cell stock to brushless then to lipo the numbers at events have dropped...guys are leaving this hobby partly due to the fact rules change every year...........I dont believe this is how we are to make the hobby grow....
the reason people were getting out was the fact that they had to buy batteries every 3 weeks to keep up. now we have a strong set ofrules in place and stable motors and batteries. everyone cango say this certain motor is soooo much faster than this 1. till i see the lap times from 1 motor to the next i say it is hogwash.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
If tracks ran the same rules it would be easier for guys to travel to other tracks. The more tracks switch to the Tour rules the more tracks you could travel to, not only the big events but the average Sat night races too. Only a upside there.
Well things change every year, been doing this too long to know that nothing stays the same. Every year you've had to buy a few packs to race because last years are junk, now all you need is 1. New body...they last a little longer than tires, so that not an excuse. So now the new season is here and the added expence is motor, minus 5 packs you have to buy that lasted hopefully 2 months.
The way to get the hobby to grow is have a class for the less experinced racer to learn, whiich is addressed in the 17.5 truck class. This is what oval has been missing for years!!!! And has been addressed by the Tour rule board. BIG PLUS, this is were the future racers are going to come from.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

guys that wont travel just because its a TOUR track is possible. but compared to the guys that dont travel because they are not sure what class the track runs, or because this perticular track runs 5000 packs but there home track runs 3200.... ect ect ect, will be much higher. the point of TOUR is to unify most of the tracks around. there will always be good reasons why people dont travel. not haveing enough money is one very good reason for example. but because its a TOUR track is a little silly in my opinion.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think Bud3738 dosen't understand that if you build a car to Tour rules, you can run any track that uses Tour rules. He doesn't like the Tour rules and he just wants to cause problems. These rules will bring more racers to the tracks in the long run.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i have heard guys say if a track doesnt use tour rules they wont race there also. cant make 100% of people happy ever.

·
Registered
935 Posts
CRC Raceway will be using TOUR rules.

...not to stir the pot more, but i think this is the whole point of the TOUR in the first place...

Since my car will be already setup for TOUR COT, i will only be going to tracks that use the TOUR rules package. I don't have the funds to, nor do i want to, build a second car and have a different body, and in some cases a different speedo and motor just to go to a track that wants to be different.

This thread is awesome if all the TOUR tracks post here, then i know i can load up and go somewhere and know i have the right equipment before i get there.

Great Job guys! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I think Bud3738 dosen't understand that if you build a car to Tour rules, you can run any track that uses Tour rules. He doesn't like the Tour rules and he just wants to cause problems. These rules will bring more racers to the tracks in the long run.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Signman
I believe I was able to figure out the concept.....build a car to tour rules....you can run at a track that runs tour rules.....even though I am a yankee from New England I was able to figure that out....And no....I have no
specific issue with tour rules.......I can afford (thank god) to buy mostly whatever I want and can change to conform to whatever the rule is whenever I want...and no....I do not want to casue problems......The point I am making that if you want to keep changing the rules every year it will push some out of the hobby....There are many out there who have been forced to buy different brushless motors each season becasue the rules kept changing....Give them yet another change and some will start getting fed up and move on to something else......Do we want to keep racing with the same core group of guys or bring new blood into this hobby?....The numbers have been dwindling for the last few years now......How many rule changes or racing organizations have been created since then..

·
Registered
964 Posts
Bud that is what the tour is all about a consitaint set off rules for all tracks to be able to use. In years past all I have seen when somebody wanted to go to another track is what the rules where and what classes do you run there. Now if we can get everybody on the same page I can go anywere and not worry if I have the right equipment to run there.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I dont have a problem with having a set of rules....I actually am encouraged by that....
the problem is every year changing the rules and then posting on hobbytalk or where ever and stating....".its all about having the same rules so all the tracks can be the same" and then started another oval group name...You know what....I am sorry I even posted this.....Im already getting my gear ready for whatever the rules are to go racing.....Maybe Ill chime in 4-5 months from know when someone wants to know what to do to get new blood in the hobby and why a few more guys dropped the hobby because they couldnt afford to keep up with all the different classes...Again...I will continue to stay in the hobby and race whenever I can....I support my hobby shops and
give away old equipment in an attempt to get new people interested....hope to rub fenders with some of you soon......

1 - 20 of 98 Posts