Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gang,

As this is something I've never set-up before and it seems like there is a lot of interest in this, I will take some liberty to post what I think are well and fair rules for this build. (Thanks zombie)

OFFICIALLY STARTING SEPTEMBER 4th 2012 - extending the date until September 30th 2012
(Some have taken advantage of the Labor Day holiday weekend to start which is fine and others want to join late also)

1. You can build any kit you want to build. Figure kits would be preferred, but a kit from any genre will be accepted. However, there are a group of us that have decided on doing the same kit for this community build to make it fun and to share info and ideas. This kit will be the Moebius Bride of Frankenstein.

Our sponsor MEGAHOBBY.COM (see link on right side of screen) can help you with an order if needed!

2. You must "sign up" in the Commit Thread For Community Build 2012 thread and state which kit you will be building.

3. You must start a Work In Progress or WIP thread with the title CB 2012 and title of kit and of course take pictures and explain your steps or techniques along the way. There are some that may never have tried something...like for me...it was using "pastels" until recently!

4. Modifications and/or aftermarket parts WILL BE allowed.
It will be very exciting to see what different things you plan to do with the kit. Please post before/after pics of the mods if possible.

5. Your build-up must be completed by December 31, 2012.

6. This MUST be a new build! I have many started projects and they never seem to get done. Remember, a community build is about the journey...not just to show off a kit that is 1/2 or 3/4 done and just needs the finishing touches. We ALL want to know how you started, what you did to achieve the results, and then finish strong and have a great kit to display when you are finished!

I really want to see everyone start the process with a new kit (or unstarted kit) and then actually FINISH it!

Hopefully this answers ALL the questions that people may have and give you some more direction!

Let's make this a fun event!

MMM

·
Curmudgeon
6,600 Posts
Nicely done MMM! Clear, concise, and allows modelers a lot of leeway. Now I just have to decide whether or not I'll be able to participate.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Hi guys!

I've been reading through some of these posts for your community build and admiring your work!

I just wanted to suggest that if you have some of your projects finished, why not consider them for my "Build A Monster" contest.

Details are in this thread : http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showthread.php?t=374679

Thank you and happy model building!:wave:

Trevor Ursulescu
Monster Hobbies

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Hi MMM...

I hate to post this PM in here, but my old HT Inbox isn't working right, so forgive me for going outside of a PM. - however, this question of yours may benifit the actual Community Build page you have created.

MonsterModelMan said:
Trevor,

Love what you are doing combining the two kits together! This will be a very cool and unique kit once finished.

As a moderator of this sub forum...quick question...what is all the meta data that shows up on the title of your post? (1932 chevrolet, barnabas colins, hearse, hearse model kit, monster hobbies) and how can it be removed?

I want ALL the treads to have the same look and feel to them for the most part...hence why I stated how the tiltle of thread should look.

Thanks...
Bob ama MMM
Hey MMM!

The meta tags are actually keywords that this forum allows so that my post will end up in someone's Google search. Ht allows a maximum of 5 keywords so that someone searching the subject will end up at my post. But, for some reason, instead of being hidden like they should, they appear like they do right out in the open. Could this be a glitch in the HT forum?

Anyway, I'm sorry if this is a departure from the "look" you were trying to achieve with this page. It's kind of a flukey accident, but ultimatly, it should drive more views here in times to come.

Hope this helps!

Trevor

P.S. on a technical note, you did say what the title post should look like :

3. You must start a Work In Progress or WIP thread with the title CB 2012 and title of kit and of course take pictures and explain your steps or techniques along the way.
The use, or non-use, of meta tags isn't stated....not to be a pain about it.:rolleyes:

Again, sorry for the mess up.:wave:

·
"I don't say much"
1,298 Posts
3M, Since this build ends on Dec 31st, why not start another CB Jan 1 and have it end on either mar 31 or apr 30 and keep the practice going for 3 or 4 times a year. These really help me complete more projects since we're commiting to FINISH!
Just my 2 cents.... :cool:

~RK~

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
3M, Since this build ends on Dec 31st, why not start another CB Jan 1 and have it end on either mar 31 or apr 30 and keep the practice going for 3 or 4 times a year. These really help me complete more projects since we're commiting to FINISH!
Just my 2 cents.... :cool:

~RK~
Yeah, I'd be up for this! I know we couldn't keep up these things indefinitely, but I definitely have a kit in mind for another community build if it happens!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.