Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this wek is the big week.. it is held at my home track, and since im one of the people always asking for updates and results, every night after i get home ill be posting updates... any comments or requests i can try toi answer them to..

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing to post today lol.. the weather is terrible.. cold and mild rain spurts...

we did a club race tonight, but only a few regtular tuesday locals ran.. most arent fready for real times.. thursday night is our pre nats race.. then friday the games begin....

the weather looks bad for tommorrow, but it is suposed to be nice for the quals and mains.. keep you fingers crossed.. seems like no matter where it is in the usa.. the weather dies the week of nats... more to folow

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
On a SLOOOWWWW cold blustery Wisconsin night,
Tuesday night club race at the Tri-Clone.
In Stock, Tony Balisterri Tq,d with his 1st 34 lap run, good job Tony. Dave Hitz won the Main, Pat Simkins was 2nd, Tony B 3rd. In a very humbling experience Hays Reeling & Dick Wood ran the MVP and stumbled home with their tails between their legs.

In 19-turn, Corey Heft TQ'd 39:02, 2nd Jon Foister 39:03, 3rd Hays Reeling IV 38:00, Bill Sullivan 38:01, Bob Wright 38:03. Corey won the Main, Foister 2nd, the rest is so unclear. Sullivan, Wright & Reeling sat out the mains for various reasons.

In Modified only Rob Murdock ran the main, so he won!!

Hays, I hope you dont mind me copying and pasting your recap on here.
Just want to get the word out.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Not much happening at the track today.Everyone was scrubbing tires,which is taking more time than everyone had hoped due to the low track temps and record low air temps.Stock racers are stuggling to find HP with the MVP motors.Tomorow will another day to struggle with track conditions as the weather forecast is for lower temps with gusty winds and rain showers.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
these mvp motors are turds.. plain and simple.... we usually run high 6 second laps with the trinity motors.... we have been able to get as low as 7.0 but after about 5-9 laps they drop to 7.5-80 .. they just suck....

anyone got any mvp speed secrets to post??? we are definatly hurting in the horspower department... our track record is a 34 400 i doubt we will even see 34... most guys times show fast 32 lap runs..... but the weather has been better today.... we have controled practice to.. so the stock guys arent dodging out of the way of the mod guys.....we have our club race tonight... ill hopefully have lap times.. i know hays usually gets them before me lol and posts em on the confrence....

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Burbs,
I have never tuned an MVP but I know some guys that went up to the ROAR carpet nats when they ran them. One comment they made was that the hoods needed constant aligning for some reason, so check that after each run.

I also heard guys were zapping the can backwards then re-zapping to take some magnet off to get the RPM up.

Or heck just over gear the heck out of it so it gets super hot which will kill some magnet.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Try narrowing the brushes 0.020 on each side to make them almost square should take away some rpm and run cooler ( according to Big Jim) good luck ....

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the big jim way i tried... and honestly the stock brushes ran better.. it was to efficient and no power or rpms...

i got the race results ffor the club race tonight.. they will be posted in a few

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
STOCK A MAIN

final results...for the thursday night club race

1 Mike burbey TQ
2 Lloyd Davis
3 Tony Balisteri
4 Hays Reeling
5 Mike Simkins
6 Pat Simkins

STOCK B MAIN
1 Kelly Beller
2 Mike Steinke
3 Calvin Viernes
4 Mike Shultz
5 Jim Ovaitt
6 Neil Hicks

19 turn A main
1 John Foister
2 johnny Broyles TQ
3 Brittany Murdock
4 Marty Hillman
5 Scott Petitclerc
6 Steve Goemans

19 turn B main
1 Adam Leihr
2 Dave Messenger
3 Shawn Clos
4 Pat Hanson
5 Monti Panzica

Mod A main
1 Jason Hack
2 Dwight Smith
3 Paul Schwanbeck
4 John Foister TQ
5 Monti Panzica

Mod B main
1 Rob Murdock
2 Mike Dugan
3 Jeff Irish
4 Kevin Koback
5 Rick Liehr

Brushless A main
1 Cory Heft TQ
2 Bob Wright
3 Charlie Suanka
4 Mark Cieciek
5 Chuck Manning

its kinda late so i didnt haver time for lap times.. the track is way slow.. 1-2 laps off the pace.. weather is still a major factor... ill keep you all posted

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jph ill do that.. he is sitting 10th right now.. in mod..... i just ran home to let my dog out and check my email... now im back to the track..

i had probs with the mvp the first round,, major motor glitches... sucked bad.. oh well one more in a few hours.. later

1 - 20 of 58 Posts