Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 613 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to pass on some info on the Pro-lite and BIG spurs.

BIG BIG BIG Spurs............

Currently PRS only has stock big enough to make some 126's and smaller. After the Snowbirds they will look into these larger sizes. If we can get some material for the larger sizes before the birds I will keep you guys informed.

Pro-lite Spurs................

The new batch of Pro-lite Spurs have been released to our team guys for more R/D testing. We have machined some 112's and 124's which have 8 huge holes in the side. Not only are they ultra lightweight (124 is only 3 grams) they look really kool on the race car. I am awaiting some response from Eric Anderson and Jeff Helms as they ran them at the ARCOR race in GA this weekend. So I have been told, Bruce Triplett from R/C4less has taken some pics of the new Pro-lite's. Maybe we can get him to post them here on Hobbytalk.

Currently PRS Pro-lite Spurs hold 3 track records at Sandhills and a total of 5 in N.C.

If you guys have any questions or comments post them here.

Tony/PRS
[email protected]

·
Registered
877 Posts
PRS Spurs

Hey Guys ..I run the new spurs for the first time this weekend ...Witout a flaw...They are supersmooth and super light ...The pinions and spurs are some High quality stuff....I ran the 124 Pro Lite spur in 4 cell mod and it worked great.......I thought I might have a problem with flex in the prolite gear but it worked fine ....If you havent Tried them yet give shoot Tony an email and he can put you in touch with the right places to get the PRS Racing Gears ...Thanks For the Tony and PRS...
Jeff HUMPTY Helms
KCRacing
Hyperdrive Racing
Johns BSR Tires
PRS Gears
Bolink Bodies
FinishLine Racing
Murdock RC
Racers Edge Hobby Shop
Stick-Et race products
RC 4 less...Thanks to Bruce Triplett for the Ceramic Bearings
Those things are absolutely awesome....

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
tony tornado, I'll come stop by at the birds for a free sample ......muuuuuuhahahahaha :devil: ....all kidding aside..... I bought a bunch of pinions when PRS was just getting going so to speak from Tony in the swap and sell section here on hobbytalk..... the pinions were great (i hear they have been refined some more since) and the at the time "sample" spur gear was, round and strong with no flex..... these too have been improved upon since as well. PRS makes quality stuff. :thumbsup:

Rich

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
yup they do rock! less money than the second best gear on the market and they last 4 ever! the entire PRS camp should be proud! it took only 20 years for someone to make a great spur and pinnion,lol.. keep up the good work guys! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The boys at PRS have decided to order some stock so we can have some 128's and 132's. These gears will be the new Pro-lite for us at the Snowbirds.

If anybody is interested in checking out these new gears just look for the really big PRS banner.

Any questions or comments please post them here.

Thanks for all of the great props guys, we are trying to make the best pinions and spurs on the planet.

Tony/PRS
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
PRS gears wins at AJ's.
Thanks guys, I managed to pull off a win there.

Matt says thanks again and will show off the stuff to the Springfield guys.

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Jeff "Humpty" Helms set a new track record at the flat track in Goose Creek in 1/12th scale 19 turn. He was using a 94 pro-lite.

Way to go Humpty...............

Anyone interested in the new Pro-lite's just look for these drivers at the Snowbirds or a track near you.

Eric Anderson (KSG)
Jeff Helms (Hyperdrive)
Jason Lambert (Trinity)
Tony Moffre (Trinity)
Walter Stubber (Oval Racing Concepts)
Brooks and Katfish (Big Dog R/C)

Any of the above drivers can help you out with any questions or info you may need.

Tony/PRS
[email protected]

V

·
0 Posts
Hey tony, saw the new spurs from ricky and eric this weekend. They look awsome! If you got some time to talk let me know and i'll call ya. If not lets hook up after the birds. Good luck down there.

later, "LT"

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey "LT"...........

You have my card, so call when you can. I can hook you up with some Pro-lite 88's.

Good luck to all PRS driver at the Snowbirds. We will be there in full force. Any driver with these gears will have an advantage because of their lower rotating weight............

Tony/PRS
[email protected]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey MK congrats on the win, must have been the gears right!!!!!!!!!ha ha. How did your buddy do. Thanks again for getting the word out to the guys up there, I have had a couple of contacts, Allen called but I have not been able to get in touch with and another guy out in Nebraska said you gave him my card and as soon as he gets rid of some inventory he will be placing a order. The pinions you were still needing should be back from anodize soon so check back with me next week and I will get you set up. If you have any info on the race this past weekend get it to me and I will try to get it posted on out website. We are working on getting a news page setup on the website to post race results for you guys that use our gears so get the information to us or Tony and we will work on getting it on the site.

Good luck to all at the Birds, and again thanks to all for getting this thing going

Mike
PRS

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Thanks Mike. Matt lead the B-main all the way until my other buddy Rob passed him for the lead. I'll send you some info.

C

·
0 Posts
Hey MK Race and PRS...PRS gears also won the C-main at AJ's. Its the only gear to have :cool:

Cory

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey "DJ" let me know for sure what sizes of spurs you need me to send out on friday so you will have for practice on Monday.

Thanks
Mike

·
Premium Member
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
WOW..................

The Snowbirds this year was great. I would like to thanks all of the PRS guys that were there representing and to Mike and Larry for making that 16 hour drive down to check us all out. A special thanks to EA, Humpty, Russell, Kenny and the whole KC team, Phil Marabella, "Old Man" Brooks from Big Dog R/C, and my wife and daughter.

I would also like to thank Jay Kimbrough for his professionalism and our polite conversations. Thanks Jay.

Out of the 14 total classes (oval/on-road) that were run this year, PRS took TQ in 9 and the win in 7.

Here are the oval results:

4-cell stock
Adam Brown TQ and 1st place (by a lap)

4-cell Sportsman 19turn
Steve Goemans TQ and 1st Place
Barry Hill 3rd place
Eric Thomas 9th place

4-cell Expert 19turn
Mike Russell 2nd place
Eric Anderson 4th place
Jason Screffler 8th place
Greg Honeycutt 9th place
Brian "Ziggy" Ziegler 10th place and the TQ

4 cell Pro Mod
Mike Valentine 2nd place
Eric Anderson 6th place

1/12th scale 19turn
Jason Schreffler TQ and 1st place
Mark Recio 3rd place

1/12th Pro Mod
Eric "EA" Anderson 2nd place
Jeff "Humpty" Helms 7th place

Touring 19turn Oval
Bill "Katfish" Sell TQ

For the Oval program, PRS offered a $100.00 bonus to any A-main winner if they were using a PRS Pinion and Spur. We had three winners and they are Adam Brown in stock, Steve Goemans in 19turn, and Jason Schreffler in 1/12th 19turn.

To check out the On-road results please look for the PRS thread in the on-road section. We have some very big names running our gears.

Congratulations to all of the winners and thanks for using PRS Racing Gears.

Tony/PRS
[email protected]

·
Registered
665 Posts
Tony & The PRS Gang,

Thanks a bunch for providing us with a superior product. If you haven't had a chance to try these gears, do so! You will NOT be disappointed!

Thanks again,

Mark

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Congrats to Tony and the rest of the PRS drivers at the birds.

Eric Hutkay

1 - 20 of 613 Posts