Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just figured id start a thread on this car! the whole purpose of this thread would be to discuss the clear car,pro's con's the main idea would be to gather some info on the car and find out were all 12 are today. i would really like to keep this thread on TOPIC and DRAMA free!! thxs alot greg feel free to post your car if u own one!!!

here is mine!! still on the plastic tree:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do what you can to protect the tires from the elements. They will start to yellow a bit over time.
already on top of that!!! im making a case just for this car!! bought some foam at a store going to cut to fit and seal!!! kinda like a mummy tomb!! now i hope i can find it cause it's invisbllleee:tongue:lol

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Unfortunately the "official" 2013 count is 4. My 2,1 won from evilbay,and the only unassembled! For all we know someone could've had a terrible house fire. Or more commonlya dog could've at a couple...it happens to homework all the time!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately the "official" 2013 count is 4. My 2,1 won from evilbay,and the only unassembled! For all we know someone could've had a terrible house fire. Or more commonlya dog could've at a couple...it happens to homework all the time!
Hi is any of the invisible vanquish for sale

·
Administrator
26,976 Posts
We have a large number of people who use our site as a reference and do not post any (lurkers), so it is possible someone will see your post at some point - if they do have one for sale.

I also have not been able to find the other thread referenced above, yet.

In the meantime, if you have the time I would love to see and hear about your other Astons in your collection. You can add them to existing threads for each model or example. Or create a new thread for your own collection. I dont have any Vanquish castings by Johnny Lightning but do have a few of the HWs versions.

·
Premium Member
13,372 Posts
I know both 6-b-kwik (Greg) and berschneider06 (Bill). I saw Bill about 2 years ago. He sold a lot of his Johnny Lightnings. Both Greg and Bill were High End die cast collectors. I'm not sure if I still have Bill's phone number. I don't know if he sold the Vanquish or not, but I'm sure it will be pricey.

·
Administrator
26,976 Posts
I may have found the other thread referenced above about the clear Vanquish castings.

It is a bit more contentious and to me remains somewhat unresolved as it brings the # of castings back to only being 4 and the other 8 being noted as fakes but then authenticated by staff and designers who worked at Playing Mantis as accurate. The unresolved part for me is that those same people note there is actually 14 castings with 2 being unassembeled.

Test shot and pre-pro...what's in your collection?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts