Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys, here are the complete BRL rules for the 2009-2010 season. As I indicated in an earlier post, I believe that the effort by the TOUR to provide a unified set of rules for the major carpet oval events deserves our support. So you will find that the BRL rules follow the TOUR rules for the 13.5, 10.5 and 7.5 single cell classes. For our 21.5 / 2 cell class we will follow the same rules as we did last season.

I have defined only our 4 points classes. Where there is local interest, we will run the 17.5 Sportsman Truck class following the TOUR rules specifically for that class and our general car and competition rules.

There are areas the TOUR rules don’t address and areas where they could be considered open to interpretation. In those areas (general car specifications, for one); the BRL rules fill in the gaps. I don’t believe there are any conflicts, but if there appears to be a conflict between the TOUR rules and the BRL rules; the BRL rules will apply. One area where some might perceive a conflict is in the area of receiver packs. In order to deal with suspicions regarding additional voltage from these packs providing a performance boost in single cell classes, the BRL will have limits on receiver pack capacity and wiring gauge used to connect the receiver pack.

There may be some question about the availability of a few of the single cell batteries and motors on the approved list. I’ve spoken directly with the manufacturers in question and I’ve been assured that the products in question will be available in early October. So I’ve accepted them on the approved list.

There has also been some fine tuning on the points system. Some have questioned the importance placed on the Finals. But like NASCAR, we'd prefer not to have our champion decided too early. However, this year your points will be from your best 4 events which creates the mathematical possibility that someone could lock up a class win before the Finals. And with points from 4 of 6 events counting, the influence of the Finals (even with 1.5x point value) is reduced.

It’s just a short time to our first event at Tri-State Hobbies. I hope you’re looking forward to the start of this BRL season as much as I am. Early next week, I’ll announce the sponsors for our 4 classes and some events.

See ya at the races……………….

Attachments

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Thanks BIG and little Chuck. Dedication all i can say. You guys rock.:thumbsup::dude:

Shane #24 :wave:
Way to suck up Shane. :thumbsup: You let them beat you at the track too just so you won't get put in a heat race with Bob.

Wait a minute, we are going to Milwaukee, Hays SR.

Thanks BIG and little Chuck. You guys rock. :thumbsup::dude:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Thanks to you Chuck we will be able to continue to have a fun and exciting racing series to compete in, with the best racers and great friendships! I am anxiously awaiting for the drop of the green flag on this season. It will be a lot of fun :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some Changes to Rules

The file for the rules package has been updated with a couple of changes in response to some questions.

I've tried to make it more clear that the 7.5 and 10.5 classes are covered by the general rule on spoilers and wings (allowing a 1.5" spoiler for instance) while the 21.5 and 13.5 classes have specific rules on wings and spoilers.

Also, I've added an availability section covering motors, batteries and ESC's. Basically it states that these items must be available to the general public 15 days prior to an event. The intent is to level the playing field (in terms of equipment) between team drivers and all the rest. If the average racers can't buy it, the team guys can't run it. There will be an exception when we run an Open Mod class, but otherwise the idea is all racers will run commercially available motors, batteries and ESC's. I realize there will still be ways to sneak stuff in, but I hope team drivers and manufacturers will respect the intent.

“Available to the general public” is defined as able to be purchased through recognized distribution channels (including the manufacturer’s website) in North America. Our shop is a dealer for all the major distributors and I'll be checking manufacturers' websites later this week. If I can't buy it, it isn't available to the general public. This is likely to be an issue only for this first event. If you're a team driver and there is likely to be any doubt as to the public availability of what you're running, then it's in your best interest to get any questions resolved prior to the event. Either come to Tri-State with evidence it was available or contact me and get it resolved in advance (the preferred method).

We're trying hard to accomodate more manufacturers than in the past but I'm also committed to maintaining as level a playing field in the BRL as possible. That is one of the key's to our success all these years.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Do you have to sign up in advance for the Cinncy race or just show up Saturday? If so, where or who do I contact to get signed up? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No advance registration is needed. Sign up at the track. There will be a roll call thread started tomorrow.

·
Registered
730 Posts
While I can't run the BRL event at Cincy, I'll be helping Monti lay in the grove.

Sucks I have to work till 4 pm on Saturday!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Great Job

I just wanted to say "Great Job" to Chuck and the BRL team for putting together a fantastic format for the BRL this year. Chuck was instrumental in helpiung Allan and I put together the TOUR rules and I thank him for all of his help and dedication. We at the TOUR are 100% in support of what you guys have put together and I hope to make it out to a few of your events this year. Keep up the great work!!

Steve

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I just wanted to say "Great Job" to Chuck and the BRL team for putting together a fantastic format for the BRL this year. Chuck was instrumental in helpiung Allan and I put together the TOUR rules and I thank him for all of his help and dedication. We at the TOUR are 100% in support of what you guys have put together and I hope to make it out to a few of your events this year. Keep up the great work!!

Steve
steve, i just wanted to take a moment to thank you and allen also for your time and effort to help bring a unified set of rules to our series as well i think we have the best series out there!! hopefully it will continue to improve!!!!!! hats off to all four of you!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Rick kanschat

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Steve,

Thanks for the good word and especially for all the work done by you and Allan. Guys like Boylan and I put in our 2 cents worth and drove you mad but it was your and Allan's determination that produced the final product, a basic set of national guidelines for carpet oval racing.

I think we're going to have a great BRL season and I'm hoping that other events and tracks have a great year as well.

Thanks again,
Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Availability Update

As most of you guys know, the BRL has an availability rule covering batteries, motors, and ESC's. Basically, these items have to be available through recognized distribution channels 15 days prior to a BRL event no matter whether they are shown on any approval list or not. With the Green Bay race approaching on November 21, and 22; it seems like a good idea to make some clarification on what will be allowed at that race and what will not.

Although listed as approved batteries per the TOUR and BRL based on earlier information, the Thunderpower 50c battery (PN50001SPR50) and the Epic 5200 40C battery (PNTEP2003) have not been generally available in time and will not be permitted at the Hyperdrive 300 at Victory R/C.

Also the Advanced Electronics ESC distributed by CRC and the new Novak Kinetic ESC have not been available in time and will also not be permitted at this race.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
As most of you guys know, the BRL has an availability rule covering batteries, motors, and ESC's. Basically, these items have to be available through recognized distribution channels 15 days prior to a BRL event no matter whether they are shown on any approval list or not. With the Green Bay race approaching on November 21, and 22; it seems like a good idea to make some clarification on what will be allowed at that race and what will not.

Although listed as approved batteries per the TOUR and BRL based on earlier information, the Thunderpower 50c battery (PN50001SPR50) and the Epic 5200 40C battery (PNTEP2003) have not been generally available in time and will not be permitted at the Hyperdrive 300 at Victory R/C.

Also the Advanced Electronics ESC distributed by CRC and the new Novak Kinetic ESC have not been available in time and will also not be permitted at this race.
Kudos.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts