Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where I can find a off-road track close by to Euclid, Ohio? I have a nmt and I am dieing to get it on a track, any track! I also would love to meet some people. Curently I am the only one I know who has a rc truck of any kind. If you dont know of any tracks anyone in the area know of a good bashing spot?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Skandranon said:
Can anyone tell me where I can find a off-road track close by to Euclid, Ohio? I have a nmt and I am dieing to get it on a track, any track! I also would love to meet some people. Curently I am the only one I know who has a rc truck of any kind. If you dont know of any tracks anyone in the area know of a good bashing spot?
Medina is the closest I believe. That's where all the Cleveland/Akron guys go to race.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
hey skandranon were abouts in euclid. i live right across the street from the high school. ans as bshields has stated medina is the closest. i race there on saturday nights (except this weekend...rain...)
what kind of truck do you have??

matt

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live just down the street from you on E. 233 right next to sims. I am about to head out to the track in a few. I have a HPI MT 1. Not much of it is stock anymore. I take it out sometimes to St. Christine's parking lot. It kinda boring though, I want more jumps than a couple of speed bumps. I also bash in the west side of sims there are some bike jumps over there that a pretty kewl. Mostly though I am bored with the spots I have found. What kind of truck do you have and where do you run it besides the track?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
well i have a t-maxx that has been mildly modified, i usaaly just go across the street to the school parking lot. i sometimes go behind the shell on the marginal. nice little bmx track back there, but you can not realy open it up. probably be out in the parking lot tuesday night around 7 or so, if you wwant stop by.

matt

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think I get off at 7 on tuesday. I will be there. You are talking about the high school right? I was just talking to my wife, we cant think of a shell on the marginal. There is a couple sunocos but not sure what gas station you are talking about. I would like to check out the BMX track at least once. I am also definitly planing on going back out to medina this saterday. That track out was so kewl! I guess I am a little baised because its the only track I have been to. Oh well. :D

Tony :dude:

Wait, there is a shell a 260 I think.. Is that it? No matter I will look for a track there today before I get back here to check anyway. So why did I bother to write this. lol Well I guess I could be wrong! :eek:

Update: I looked behind the shell on 260 and the marginal and there is no track there. Looks to be some trails back there. I got out and walked a bit but its really woodsy dont see how you could run there. Am I in the wrong spot?

I work till 8 pm tommrow. I work right down 222nd though. I will end up at the high school shorty after then, if you are still around.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
yes thats the spot behind shell. never said it was pretty. i kniow once you raced at a real track nothing will do but a real track.

i will be around waiting to hear the sound of nitro. parking lot off tracy/ closest to 222.

later
matt

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went over behind shell today to run a bit before work. A guy came out and asked me to leave. He was nice about it. I dont understand how I was bothering anything but whatever. Just a fyi on the spot.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I got it fixed. :) New longer engine mount screws. Hasnt moved again on me so far. We went out of town for last weekend. Will more than likey be out this weekend.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was asked to work tommrow so I will not be coming out to the track. :(

I found a nice bashing spot though. 21500 St. Clair, not far from E. 222. It is a big rocky parking lot and a big field with 2 hills. I talked to a guy there one day and he said he didnt think anyone would mind. I went around 7 at night and there were some people working but they didnt care. The hills are perfect. One has a nice platform at the top and you can hit it from almost any angle. The other makes a high jump if you hit it right. My nmt was having some trouble with the uncut grass, not too bad. Nice close by bashing spot. The best jumps I have found in Euclid so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts