Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy challenged me to run my MF2 truck on our roadcourse this weekend. The challenge is to put a set up on it but dont change it the whole weekend. Can anyone get me going on the right track with tires(foam&rubber) shock limiters, oil and springs, stuff like that? Racing stock on prepped parking lot, thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
There is not much description on conditions Or your previous set up...

Does the track have any uphills or downhills , more straights than curves , long or short curves and straights??? Not really much to go on...

Baseing if you are set up stock for off- road I would probably Tighten up the rear shock springs 1 complete turn on each rear shock ,or get stiffer rear shock springs....I would probably move the top of the 2 front shocks in one notch on the front shock tower...

Far as tires I would get some Proline dirt hawgs 2.2 because they have big nobbies and will take the hard top pretty well and you will also have another set of all terrain tires on hand...If it is a pretty level running surface and with dirthawgs you could probably go up 1 (may be 2) teeth on the pinion...Again it is all according to the conditions of the track...

If you decide to go with a smaller overall round diameter tire such as street tires or foams and the running surface is pretty level and lots of long straights you could probably go up 3 to 6 up on the pinion...Again it's all according to the conditions of the track....

·
Registered
46 Posts
i used to run staduim on asphalt and found that over all my off-road setup was actually pretty good. found that if you ran to stiff and caught a dot the truck almost always flipped so the softer setup was needed to help this. we did have some jumps setup but none were very big and we did run foam tires
hope this helps
travis

H

·
0 Posts
That's all we used to do with offroad vehicles before specially made pan cars and such were made. In the summer we ran offroad, changed them over to run indoors on skating rinks where ever we could.

Start by reducing the shock travel by installing a 1/4 inch spacer in front, and about a 3/8 in spacer (little less than 1/2 in) in rear shocks. With Associated we used the short shocks .56 in front and the .71 in rear no spacers. For shock oil between 15-20 wt. and springs in the area of 10-12 lbs area in front and 12-14lbs in rear = about two lbs heavier in rear. Tires Duratrax Slicks, Street Paws or Street Trac, Proline Road Hawgs, or Strikers depends on what traction is like you might go with a foam - should be able to get some premounted Jaco, BSR or RC4less maybe TRC that are direct fit for Losi and AE trucks. For rear get the zero toe in mount if available and for front use a mount with less castor 10-15 is enough for onroad you may be able to add a shim to rear of mount to reduce some of the caster.

Since you aren't jumping it the shocks needs to be soft and spring enough to absord the small inperfections in track surface. Loaded in race trim the outside arms should be angle above parallel to the chassis. Normally in offroad setup the arms are almost parallel. This will lower the center of gravity getting weight more distrubted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts