Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's available for odorless traction compound? We're building a new banked oval that will be covered with oziteand we're trying to get away from the WINTERGREEN hangovers!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Jack the gripper for me... as far as I know, that is the only compound allowed at most of the sanctioned events these days. works great, no smell, you just have to make sure you dry your tires good before you set the car on the track.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
But why pay that full price for jack when you now get less than half of what you used to get that is why Im looking for a different compund

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Just ordered 4 bottles of sticky fingers to find out how it works. Jack the gripper at $15 a bottle... pleeeeaaassssee!!!!

Bill

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ordered a case of jack the gripper from lefthander rc a little while ago, it was the bigger can and it was 10.50 a can. (cant remember the oz)

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
I was told Niftech ruins the carpet. Some tracks will not allow it, I am pretty sure Greeneville is one of them...
I don't know how it would ruin the carpet as the stuff seems to be about 98% alcohol. Put it on the tires and walk to the track and it's dried out. Only used the stuff once because I had to and didn't like it one bit. $9 bottle of alcohol. :rolleyes: I've been using Traction Action since I quit using FX2 and it seems to work very well.

BTW......as to the first post. There doesn't seem to be any "odorless" traction compounds. They just went from smelling like wintergreen to smelling like alcohol or paint thinner which to me seems worse. :freak:

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
I don't know how it would ruin the carpet as the stuff seems to be about 98% alcohol. Put it on the tires and walk to the track and it's dried out. Only used the stuff once because I had to and didn't like it one bit. $9 bottle of alcohol. :rolleyes: I've been using Traction Action since I quit using FX2 and it seems to work very well.

BTW......as to the first post. There doesn't seem to be any "odorless" traction compounds. They just went from smelling like wintergreen to smelling like alcohol or paint thinner which to me seems worse. :freak:

Nah get Paragon in a closed bull ring you need goggles to see burns like shizit:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I tried Epic sticky fingers for the first time last weekend and it seemed to be very comprable to Jack. Smell also seemed much the same. Overall happy with it. I apply right after a race, then wipe off. Seemed to have good grip no rubber build up on the tires.

John

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Probly the same stuff, lol
I tried Epic sticky fingers for the first time last weekend and it seemed to be very comprable to Jack. Smell also seemed much the same. Overall happy with it. I apply right after a race, then wipe off. Seemed to have good grip no rubber build up on the tires.

John

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
Nah get Paragon in a closed bull ring you need goggles to see burns like shizit:cool:
We've had the same problem with the "odorless" types. Moreso actually when we were running our track. My eyes burned every day.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts