Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love this casting! I know I'm missing the black Speed Machines version but I'm not a big fan of that color scheme or the tan interior. Man I need a circular polarizing filter!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ ya know, I was never a fan of the 1:1 599 until the XX variation came out. The GTO warmed me up a bit but the XX really did it for me. I'm a sucker for those little winglets and was a bit bummed that the XX Evo ditched them for a large rear wing.

My all time favorite Ferrari is the F40 but the HW casting of it is horrific IMO. Just spent a ton (for me) on the Kyosho 1:64 "secret" version because I don't have a F40 for my collection yet. How can you pass up on a matte white F40 GTE w/ gold wheels??

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've never seen any ZAMACs. I get the feeling the ZAMAC editions are something Mattel only ever offers in the American market.

On a tangent, I'd love to see the 575GTC in ZAMAC. I think it's the best-sculpted 1/64 scale Ferrari that Hot Wheels has ever put out, though the 599XX is also up there in casting quality.

·
Premium Member
9,002 Posts
Nice Ferrari's Guys Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
All nice cars.
If the silver one is a plastic casting then it isn't a true ZAMAC. ZAMAC is an unpainted metal body.
Mattel had a few mainlines back in 2004 that were ZAMAC's and a few that were a ZAMAC type, a plastic casting in silver made to look like one.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All nice cars.
If the silver one is a plastic casting then it isn't a true ZAMAC. ZAMAC is an unpainted metal body.
Mattel had a few mainlines back in 2004 that were ZAMAC's and a few that were a ZAMAC type, a plastic casting in silver made to look like one.
I'm just going by what the Hot Wheels wiki site calls it. Maybe that entry needs an update?

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
I'm just going by what the Hot Wheels wiki site calls it. Maybe that entry needs an update?
Not a problem.
I do think that it should be updated because I went there to make sure I had the correct definition of ZAMAC.:confused:
And I see that under the color heading they have ZAMAC. To double check I looked up the 2004 First Edition Batmobile #1 and it doesn't even list the ZAMAC variation. Go figure.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
What series is the #3 version from? I really like this casting as well and wouldn't mind finding that one.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Man I need a circular polarizing filter!
My knowledge of things camera and photo obviously isn't too sophisticated...what does that gadget do?

I do think that it should be updated because I went there to make sure I had the correct definition of ZAMAC.
For those who don't know, it's an acroynm...I believe it stands for Zinc Aluminum Metal Alloy Casting.

Great photo of a great Ferrari group. I'm afraid to photograph my near-mint-or-better die-cast outside!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My knowledge of things camera and photo obviously isn't too sophisticated...what does that gadget do?
See how the cars on right in the second picture look like they have silver windshields? It's from the glare from the sun. The polarizing filter allows you to cut out that glare. It's especially useful if you want to shoot through glass or water (fish in a pond), etc.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
See how the cars on right in the second picture look like they have silver windshields? It's from the glare from the sun. The polarizing filter allows you to cut out that glare. It's especially useful if you want to shoot through glass or water (fish in a pond), etc.
Sounds pretty useful. I'll have to get one if my plans to upgrade to a DSLR ever come to fruition.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ I'd recommend Sony's NEX system. Over the years I went from a Canon 1D MkIII to a 5D MkIII to a NEX 7 using vintage Canon FD lenses and I'm pretty happy. Low light is a bit of a pain and noise is high but the portability (because of baby and baby gear) and access to old lenses for cheap (focus peaking is heaven sent) is super cool.

I'd be happy to help if you want some camera buying opinions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts