Hobbyist Forums banner

Which oddball Trek kit would you like to see most?

• TOS Captain Kirk (preferably in his command chair)

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • TOS Spock (AMT reissue with snakes)

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • TOS Bridge (with parts for "The Cage" bridge)

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • TMP refit Bridge

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • Excelsior (possibly with parts for 1701-B)

Votes: 18 20.5%
  • DS9 Runabout

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • TFF Galileo 3 shuttlecraft

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • TNG Type 7 shuttlecraft

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • TOS Andorian

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • TOS Klingon Commander Kor (or Kang if you like)

Votes: 4 4.5%
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seeing as I had only 10 poll choices on the other thread there were some potential kits that I couldn't list. And so lets try them here.

- TOS Captain Kirk (preferably in his command chair)
- TOS Spock (AMT reissue with snakes)
- TOS Bridge (with parts for "The Cage" bridge)
- TMP refit Bridge
- Excelsior (possibly with parts for 1701-B)
- DS9 Runabout
- TFF Galileo 3 shuttlecraft
- TNG Type 7 shuttlecraft
- TOS Andorian
- TOS Klingon Commander Kor (or Kang if you prefer)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Gigantic Tribble!

Oh wait...

Seriously, out of the ones listed, I'd like to see the Spock versus the three headed snake. The Andorian would be pretty cool too though.

And I also wouldn't mind a "scene" such as Kirk and McCoy hanging in shackles in "Catspaw", or Kirk and Spock during the fight scene in "Amok Time."

Larry

·
Banned
4,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thing is any of those listed would interest me except the Excelsior. But the TOS and TMP bridges along with Kirk really top my wish list. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm just scratching my head at why Excelsior would be an oddball kit! I mean... really??? There's so much on about Reliant from TWoK (which I would also really dig in 1/350), but the Excelsior class has been in WAY much more Trek in the history of the Movies and subsequent series (need I say anything about the one that got toasted in the last ep of DS9?!?!?)

That ship has been one of my favorites ever since I first laid eyes on her back in ST3... And I must say, that the ERTL kit of that was WAY too underwhelming!!!! I wouldn't go as far as saying I would want a 1/350 (I mean... errr.. I WOULD, but I'm trying to be realistic here!) but anything a bit more substantial than the ERTL kit would seriously kick tail! :thumbsup:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,363 Posts
An accurate Bridge, please, in 1/24 scale. With figures.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
What I want from that list that's not unreasonable to expect would be an accurate TOS bridge (preferably with optional parts for the original pilot bridge), an Excelsior, and Kirk in his command chair (I would buy more than one - turn one into William Windom, in a scene with Spock).

But what I voted for is the one I've always wanted and have no expectation that anyone will ever make a kit of: a movie-era Enterprise bridge.

·
Starship Class
12,120 Posts
Ravenauthor said:
And I also wouldn't mind a "scene" such as Kirk and McCoy hanging in shackles in "Catspaw"
Yeah! Make it the same scale as 'The Forgotten Prisoner' model kit! :D

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Klingon Bridge!

How about a Klingon Bridge with some Klingons... like that guy from Back to the future and the crazy dog or whatever that was!

How about Kirk with the green babe hanging on him?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Ignatz said:
I- I kind of think the Scorpion is an oddball Trek kit. Sort of like a Kazon Torpedo... :tongue:
Even though I'm going to buy this kit, I'll always wonder why they made it... There had to be a bunch of other kits PL could have done that would have done better. I'll buy one (and maybe two) Scorpion kits. And I'd bet that's more than a lot of other people. But so you know how many 1/1000 refits I'd buy (or Ds or Es)? A lot more!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,363 Posts
Trek Ace said:
Wasn't there already a vinyl kit of Oddball (or whatever that shapeshifter's name was) from DS9 released by AMT?
Yes! I've been considering melting his lower half into a puddle and have his upper half emerging from it.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
John P said:
An accurate Bridge, please, in 1/24 scale. With figures.
dreamer said:
What I want from that list that's not unreasonable to expect would be an accurate TOS bridge...
I just hope they don't give any indication of how it's oriented with respect to the exterior. We wouldn't want to start up that flame war again. :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts