Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I make movies
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any really good closeups of the Grissom filming model? Especially I need pics of the aft main deck, impulse engines behind the primary dishy thing and the windows on the lower dome.

Anything you guys might know of would be helpful, there seems to be very little photodocumentation of this cool little ship :)

Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
No kidding! I just went through my otherwise excellent Star Trek Mechanics (Official Guide 4) from Japan and they don't even seem to have the bloody Grissom/Oberth!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Anyone know how accurate the Everhart Grissom blueprints are vs the movie prop?
Trekkist? IDICpage? Anyone else? From what I've read his stuff was pretty well researched.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's very cool, Nova. Prob'ly the most accurate rendering of an Oberth I've seen.

Hey, is it just me, or did you miss a couple of white lights on the underside outer edge of the saucer? A little forward of 'middle' on each side.
I actually am asking, not pointing out a fault, because I'm soon to begin construction of a lighted Oberth, and wanna get all them little details right.
I offer this image as the source of my inquiry. I've admint this might be a lens flare or something, here.

Also, does anyone know of a place I can get acurizing parts for a Sci-fi spaceship miniatures Oberth? I'd prefer an actual part over the decal I've got of the black stripe on the trailing edge of the primary hull.

Attachments

·
I make movies
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the kind words guys. I've tried to do the little guy justice. Once I get more of the texturing finished I'll post some more images. So far its going well.

Bronson BB said:
Hey, is it just me, or did you miss a couple of white lights on the underside outer edge of the saucer? A little forward of 'middle' on each side.
Its possible, as I said in the first post there aren't a lot of references for this ship. :)

Bronson BB said:
I offer this image as the source of my inquiry. I've admint this might be a lens flare or something, here.
I'm afraid I can't see your image!

Bronson BB said:
Also, does anyone know of a place I can get acurizing parts for a Sci-fi spaceship miniatures Oberth? I'd prefer an actual part over the decal I've got of the black stripe on the trailing edge of the primary hull.
The details in the back are pretty sinple, you could just scratch build it.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Ooops! Version 2.0
Didn't realize I had an email address linked to my account that I seldom use anymore. :(

Just got it and replied.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oberth lights

This is the pic I meant to have attached on my last post. And it's the only pic I've found with a light there. You can only see the light on the starboard lower saucer edge.

I've collected a small number of other images, too. Are there any sides you haven't seen? Mebbe I got somethin' you can use.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts