Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with Jay Simpson about having an oval race at Oak Mountain Hobbies in Pelham, Alabama. He said that if we get enough people wanting to race oval, they will lay the track out. Nothing is in stone yet!!!!!!!!! We can do this once a month or maybe twice. This will be scheduled around the racing at Hobby Raceway in Tuscaloosa Alabama. If there is anymore info that I forgot, one of the a-train guys can comment on this. If you want to do this, go to there fourms, www.atrainracing.net , and post in the thread that Jay (promatchrcr) has started for us. I personally would really like to get up there and race at least once a month. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
It will be flat asphalt guys... we had already talked about possibly setting the track as an oval once a month to bring in some more racers we otherwise would not get. Feel free to come over to www.atrainracing.net and sign up and give us your input so we can gauge what kind of response we may get. We look forward to seeing you!

·
Registered
114 Posts
just so happens i bought an oval car this winter for some carpet action!!!! im sure ill make a trip or 2 down there... our club up here in huntsville is planning on running some oval races this year also at our local 1/4 midget track.. banked concrete oval... maybe oval is starting to make a return!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
jay:
i would be in for pancar there. id be great to have another track to go to. i was just in oakmt hobbyshop last week asking if you had any pancar stuff lol...

-DC-:
where is the track that you mentioned at?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Go Tell Them If You Are Interested!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS...........Please go ti there site here www.atrainracing.net and post so they know. Jay is a great guy and have seen him run several races.

If we come....they will build it. :p

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
-DC- said:
the track is in huntsville, al here is a link to some pics on the hqma web site as of right now we are planning on racing there once a month... we are still in discussion with them to get everything worked out...

http://www.hqma.org/The_TRACK.html
i emailed the vp/race director about 1/4 scale racing on that track never got a reply any addvice on doing this 12 to 15 1/4 scalers want to run on that track but havenot gotten any were not even a email saying no no thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GILYHANTREE said:
will it be smooth enough to race on that's the thing with a parking lot and also all the grit.
I will email Jay. He knows a little more about it. I know they race road course there tooso I would think it would be ok.

·
Registered
45 Posts
GILYHANTREE said:
will it be smooth enough to race on that's the thing with a parking lot and also all the grit.
I think you will be happy, we take extra time to blow the surface throughly and then spray traction compound to make sure everyone has some "bite". We have run 12th scale road course and not had any problems at all. It will be flat oval so no banking, you guys should at least come out and try it and see for yourself. I think you will be happy, we try to out on a good race and make sure everyone has a good time. Please let me know when you guys run so I can check and see what our schedule looks like in comparison. Hope to see some new and old faces this season!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts