Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do a Google search on your favorite race car ever, and click "image" at the top of the search page to come up with a group of photos of the car, then look for a photo of your choice. Right click on it, choose "Properties", highlight and copy that URL, then put it in a post on this thread with
on oposite ends.

Tell us what car you chose, and why.

Drag racing, stock car, F1, sprint, IMSA, doesn't matter

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
AL Unser Sr and his 1970-71 Vels/Parnelli Johnny Lightning Special,Lola Colt.

Why?
....because I grew up during that era, playing with the Race team sponsors diecast cars.
Later in life, I became friends with a Pit Crew member,(mr 500)who sold me a ton of memoralbilia for my Al Unser/JL Special collection.

·
Registered
971 Posts
There are so many I can think of; Donohue's '69 Camaro, Parnelli's '70 Mustang, #6 1969 Lemans winning GT40.... but this is the one I keep thinking of.

I couldn't wait to read the results of the latest FIA sports car race in Competion Press & Autoweek (Autoweek used to be called that when it was printed on newsprint) back in 1970 & 1971. I even built an Aurora HO slot car replica of this car. It just happened to be my fastest one too!

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
My favorite 60's Stock Car 1969 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler/Cale Yarborough driver/Wood Brothers owners

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
this would be my favorite! he was the man! i loved the car because it stood out by being completely opposite of the traditional black car and had the stars and stripes USA theme! ;)

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Road Racing : Ford GT-40 MkII/ 66 LeMans Winner /McLaren/Amon drivers

Ford GT-40 MkVI as raced at 67 LeMans by McLaren/Donahue /4th place

1 - 20 of 36 Posts