Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
GeraldE61 said:
Is that real, someone actually did this to a Tucker?
From the linked site:

Ida calls his car a 2006 New Tucker 48, an appropriate name given that he and his crew at Ida Automotive and Rob Ida Concepts in Morganville, NJ, built the car, frame up, from scratch, inspired by and modeled on the original Tucker ’48.

Very cool!!!

Joe
www.joesdiecastshack.com

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's kind of a real Tucker in the sense that Shelby's "new" Cobras are real. Evidently they have access to original tooling, etc.

·
2011 VW NB Final Edition
2,031 Posts
:eek: WOW:eek:

Drive it.....YES !!!!.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
69 Hurst/Olds said:
Only if I could drive it sideways! Very cool!
With all of that engine weight hanging behind the center of gravity, once you got that thing sideways, it might be very difficult to recover it.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
First of all, I too am glad this wasn't done to an original 1948 Tucker!
I admire the original based on what it stood for and all of its innovations - something that really ticked off the Big Three. :mad:

I do like the body lines of this car. However, call me old-fashioned, I would raise it a bit and replace the rubber band tires. I like the rims, though. :cool:

How much??

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
I do like the body lines of this car. However, call me old-fashioned, I would raise it a bit and replace the rubber band tires. I like the rims, though. :cool:
OK, you're old-fashioned. :tongue: :wave:

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I don`t like the riginals but I`d definately drive this after putting a Hemi in it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts