Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well...I actually had my 1:1 clunker there this year with much prodding from my car club. What a great time! This was my first time showing my car at a show this big and was amazed with the positive response I recieved!

There were tons of beautiful cars, tons of diecast...and the "Purrfect Angels"
LOL! I got to meet Rusty Wallace, Paul Lamat (Milner from American Graffiti) and Willie G. Davidson! During the 3 day show, I only sat down for about 3 hours....always somebody to talk to, something to do or see....and always something to eat! LOL!
They had the real "Graffiti Deuce Coupe" there and the "Aloha Bobby and Rose" Camaro on display. As far as diecast....only bought a few Jada cars...1/24 Blue Road Runner, Red 57 Vette and a Blue 73 Mustang. My son got a 1/24 primer black 57 Vette and a "For Sale" 1/24 70 Boss 429.

And oh...I also met "Lightning McQueen"! LOL! Believe it or not..that bad boy had a full chassis and running gear..and when he fired up to come into the show...I thought some real NASCAR was pulling in...I mean..it sounded that good!!!

Here's a link to some pictures my buddy took, hope you enjoy....and my car is on pages #2 and #4 LOL!

http://public.fotki.com/YetiMan/car__automotive_related/world-of-wheels-mil/

P.S.....I got an award for "Outstanding conservative coupe" whatever that means LOL!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Great pics - that's a pretty racy looking conservative coupe if you ask me! It's a true beauty.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Man, I love #92. That Rolls-faced, donked GM convertible made my day (I'll bet they get a cease-&-desist order soon!)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
edseldave said:
I like the 59 Edsel wagon & the 59 Ford wagon ..
Thanks for the compliments guys! And Dave..those two Fords were outstanding! The yellow/white 59 still had original paint on the roof and original interior...mint! They both also had "picnic" stuff in the back from the era including old maps, chairs, camaras and coolers. Way cool!

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Pretty nice "klunker" you have there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts